GFX Problem..screen messed up

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

pkrcel
GFX Problem..screen messed up

Postby pkrcel » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:39 am

Hi there, I've been around for a while before trying to go online with MOO2 (just need to build up my skills ;-PP)
[to be honest I played A LOT more MOO1 by now...^_^, which I think is still harder that MOO II]

I'm running

Now I patched reguralry to latest 1.40, starting form a WIN install, but having D/loaded RKERNEL file following the instructions in lordbrazn blog.

Now, starting 1.31 WIN version ALL works fine, whilst starting EITHER the original 'Orion2.exe' or the patched 'Orion2140b21.exe' works fine EXCEPT for the fact that the Display of the game is "broken"....what I mean is that it isn't diapolayed correctly at all, the screen is started drawing at about 1/3 height of my monitor and "wraps up" so that the bottom of the game screen is effetively displayed in the upper tirdth of the monitor.

I have to say that I am running an IMAGE of the CD on a virtual drive since the physical one is at my father's house for convenience...but still I don't think this should cause any problem really (since 1.31 win works fine)

I posted this one since I had no evidence of any other experiencing this....pls redirect me if I am wrong.

One final note , I run an XP SP2 AMD3500+ with an ATI X300 (Catalyst drivers to the latest revision).

Hope I this is useful to help me...^_^

Many thanks in advance!

siron

Postby siron » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:59 am

I am unsure but it could be ATI trouble:

viewtopic.php?p=276#276
[to be honest I played A LOT more MOO1 by now...^_^, which I think is still harder that MOO II]
Therefore we play without AI in our online games. Moo2 MP is surely harder than Moo1 AI :twisted:

pkrcel

Postby pkrcel » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:16 am

Thanks, I'll have a look ;-)

By the way, I can't help to agree with you ^_^

pkrcel

Postby pkrcel » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:26 pm

I fixed the Display problem...most incredibly was my LCD monitor desync when lowering the resolution down to 800*600.....I disvoered this really by chance.

Anyway, I do not get ANY sound..... :? but I think I've already seen something like this be written by someone else......I will look around.

pkrcel

Postby pkrcel » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:24 pm

Things are getting a little bit comlicated :D

I saw the procedure to get the sound working on Lordbrazen blog, but I couldn't find the MDI.INI and DIG.INI files....since I was starting from a WIN Install I tought that a clean DOS install might do the trick but.....

...well I CAN'T install lauching INSTALL.EXE...what I get is a black screen, with an arrow white cursor.

Following Lordbrazen blog, I SHOULDN'T be able to play the dos version....but in effect I AM ABLE to....only without sound....:?

Back and Installed theWin95 version,copied the entire CD under Orion2 directory....patched 1.31 and 1.40b21 but still no DIG or MDI ini files....

....well I tried something....used the Setsound.Exe to set 'Fake' autodetect settings just created the two files!! :!:
BTW, these are plain text as descibed in lordbrazen's blog...I wonder why these aren't there to be downloaded...:D

DIG.INI is already EXACLTY what Lordbrazen has posted in the blog

MDI.INI is not....since I tried to autodetect a Soundblaster and not a Roland MPU....

If I Autodetect a 'General MPU' thenthe file is created accordingly..and is EXACLTY as requested.....nice!

I treid different sets but both Soundblaster and general MIDI work well.

BTW, my audio card is a Realtek AC97...

Good the first step is done!

I need to thank you all since without your guides I would be nowhere close to be here!

siron

Postby siron » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:09 pm

Enjoy :)

I hope you play this nice game sooner or later on kali.

pkrcel

Postby pkrcel » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:54 am

I will surely do.

Now I am OT, but before killing this topic, what I was wondering is, is Kali at least in part freeware or not?

To my understanding the trial licence can be revoke at any moment by the KAli team, but even if it is stated as "Time Limited" I didn't find the time limit anywhere, thou yday evening the Kali site was a little jumpy.....had to reload the pages a lot and I grew tired very soon.

Is that something like 45-90 day trial or something?

Because it's too bad but I am really not THAT involved in online games...sure 20$ is really nothing at all for a LIFETIME subscription....but I really have little time to play online games..thou a shot on CIV 4 with some close friends is ok.... :lol:

Anyway I am interested in playing vs humans, I need to learn the REAL gameplay.... :D

siron

Postby siron » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:23 am

Is that something like 45-90 day trial or something?
It is a 30 days trial. But you can even reorder it.

Return to “Support”