OCL_Improved

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Nirran
Re: OCL_Improved

Postby Nirran » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:26 pm

crash bug corrected ,uploaded

Nirran
Fastest way for evil to triump is for good people to do nothing

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Added research building RP amounts,uploaded

Offets provided by Overlord2

Nirran

Zzabur

Postby Zzabur » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:48 am

Hello, I'm great fan of your work.

I fooled around with OCL Imp GUI v0.5 build 00197 and had some SP modding fun, even if some stuff only worked properly when I hand edited the txt file then used to GUI to write to MOO2.

I just tried out your new build 00243 and ran into a problem : in any mod I try to make with it, either using the GUI fully or only to write to MOO2 after editing the txt, all the weapon names get screwed in moo2 (actually switched one line up in the list : Mass Driver is called No Weapons, Nuclear Bomb is called Plasma Torpedo, ect...), even if the weapons work as usual.

I am playing SP with mods based on 1.4 in DosBox under WXP. Is this a bug or am I the only one experiencing this ?

Zzabur
Any sufficently advanced magick is indistinguishable from technology.

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:45 am

what is forcing hand editing?

Thank you for the bug report,simple over-site that is fixed and is uploading

Nirran

Zzabur

Postby Zzabur » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:42 am

Thanks for the quick fix, build 00244 works nicely, even though the "Build-Refit Ships Required Tech. Fields" entry doesn't seem to work for me (the effective requirement stays vanilla no matter what values I enter there).

When I write "hand editing", I mean generate a txt file with OCL Imp GUI using the "Extract Game Information" button, then edit the txt file with notepad then load it back in the GUI and press the "Write to MOO2 Files" button.

I had to do that a few times because the changes I made using only the GUI didn't write properly in the txt file and in MOO2, but worked fine when I did that. Any idea why ? (using WXP)

Again, thanks for the fast reply.

Zzabur

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Thanks for the quick fix, build 00244 works nicely, even though the "Build-Refit Ships Required Tech. Fields" entry doesn't seem to work for me (the effective requirement stays vanilla no matter what values I enter there).

When I write "hand editing", I mean generate a txt file with OCL Imp GUI using the "Extract Game Information" button, then edit the txt file with notepad then load it back in the GUI and press the "Write to MOO2 Files" button.

I had to do that a few times because the changes I made using only the GUI didn't write properly in the txt file and in MOO2, but worked fine when I did that. Any idea why ? (using WXP)

Again, thanks for the fast reply.

Zzabur
Yw,the bug described could be caused by not saving the txt file before 'write to files',I should add error dialog,do that when im motivated

Nirran

Zzabur

Postby Zzabur » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:20 pm

I tested it again, double checking that I pressed "Save File" before "Write to MOO2 File", and the build/refit requirements still don't change in MOO2 no matter what tech field number I put there. When I look up the saved txt file in notepad, the "Build-Refit Ships Required Tech. Fields" line shows strange numbers, different ones each time I save, even though the values I enter in OCL GUI are the same each time... I tried re-installing MOO2 from scratch then OCL Improved, same result. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of weirdness ?

No matter, its only a minor glitch (and maybe my system is faulty), this program is a great editor.

Zzabur

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:34 am

I tested it again, double checking that I pressed "Save File" before "Write to MOO2 File", and the build/refit requirements still don't change in MOO2 no matter what tech field number I put there. When I look up the saved txt file in notepad, the "Build-Refit Ships Required Tech. Fields" line shows strange numbers, different ones each time I save, even though the values I enter in OCL GUI are the same each time... I tried re-installing MOO2 from scratch then OCL Improved, same result. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of weirdness ?

No matter, its only a minor glitch (and maybe my system is faulty), this program is a great editor.

Zzabur
I've had similar problem for long. "Build-Refit Ships Required Tech. Fields" is messed very often. Before writing the file I always check what is there and correct if it is wrong.

Zzabur

Postby Zzabur » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:01 am

Overlord2, thanks for sharing, I feel less lonely knowing that a very experienced modder like yourself has to "hand edit" sometimes, too.

I finally understood that the value of the "build/refit requirements" in the txt file is tech field number +196, which made sense of 218 and 219 for vanilla. Still, it only seems to affect the capability to Refit, not build. Is that what it's supposed to be doing ?

Would make sense since building is enabled by Chemistry and Nuclear Fission (not even needed if you're Transdimensional) whilst refit needs Chemistry and Cold Fusion.

I am so glad this forum is so active so many years after MOO2 started.
Thanks to all those who keep it alive !

Zzabur

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:15 am

I finally understood that the value of the "build/refit requirements" in the txt file is tech field number +196, which made sense of 218 and 219 for vanilla. Still, it only seems to affect the capability to Refit, not build. Is that what it's supposed to be doing ?
The thing is the tech fields, which allowed refits were hardcoded independently from the tech fields, which are required to build the ships themselves. And they made mistake associating refits with TF 23. It should have been TF55 instead. Since I released TF 23 for average start refitting only after it is researched made it problematic. Hence the appearance of it in the editor. Maybe it should be removed from the editor altogether. You don't need to change it more than once.

Zzabur

Postby Zzabur » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:31 am

Another (possible) bug report (or I am doing something wrong). Using the latest build (245), I can't seem to alter the speed of the ship repair bonus the Cybernetic pick includes, no matter what value I enter instead of 200. I did try several times, on a clean fresh install, having properly saved the txt file produced by OCL before using the GUI to write to MOO2 files. On all instances, the cybernetic ships always regenerate 10% of Structure+Armor per combat round, half the rate of the 'Automated Repair Unit' ship special... Btw, is there a way to alter the repair speed of this ship special ?

Again, thanks for this great modding tool,

Zzabur

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:50 pm

This number accounts for repair of internal systems. No data for repair of cybernetic armor and structure... Maybe will be added in future, when I get this info.

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:16 pm

Thanks for this amazing tool, it makes modding so much more fun.
Really cool!
Do you know if the offset for Warlord command points ability is known?

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:43 am

There is no direct offset, unfortunately. Check the link for ship maintenance function offsets (v140).

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:22 am

thanks for that link!
it means from today i will need a hex editor to proceed...

update: have found HxD hex editor .. and did my first edit.. playing with the fast fade :)

q1: when capturing Orion, Death Ray (47) is always tech#1.
Iis there anyway to change that in hex, say to xentronium armor (201)?

q2. could you share how you fixed the leader spying bonus bug?
(001860D7 Compute_Spy_Bonuses_ )

thanks again

Return to “Game Modifications”