VERY noob question (ship weapon)

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Morghen
VERY noob question (ship weapon)

Postby Morghen » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:05 am

I played the hell out of MoO2 back in the day, but I just came back into the fold recently.

So here's my question:

I'm looking at a bunch of the online strategy and help guides and I'm not seeing Gyro Destabilizers discussed at all.

Are people not using Gyro Destabilizers because the range sucks or is it something else?

(Oh, I'm SP only.)

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:09 pm

In VDC mod any weapons finds its use. In regular moo gyro is not used.

Morghen

Postby Morghen » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Did you see the thread title?
Are people not using Gyro Destabilizers because the range sucks or is it something else?
I'm looking for a "why".

rewster1

Postby rewster1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:12 am

The space requirements changed after the patch, and now they are a lot less awesome. For single player, I've found it has it's uses... for instance, if I just want to research fields and nothing else (just for the fun of it) then I need a weapon, and I can't aim the gauss cannon very well without a good computer. A battleship with phase cloak, stasis field, and gyros can eventually destroy anything.

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:05 am

Did you see the thread title?
I'm looking for a "why".
Two reasons:
1) Space consumption is high and damage low - with equal space consumption you can get weapons, which inflict much more damage.
2) In regular moo gyro is in the tech field with inertial stabilizer. Inertial stabilizer is very important tech, you cannot miss it in most cases. The one who misses stabilizer vs the one who doesn't miss it will lose a game.

icelevistus

Postby icelevistus » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 pm

The space requirements changed after the patch, and now they are a lot less awesome. For single player, I've found it has it's uses... for instance, if I just want to research fields and nothing else (just for the fun of it) then I need a weapon, and I can't aim the gauss cannon very well without a good computer. A battleship with phase cloak, stasis field, and gyros can eventually destroy anything.
I remember back in the day, Gyro used to be one of my favorite weapons. I don't know why. Structure damage + no need for targetting computers maybe? I have no idea how I survived playing MOO/MOO2 in that time. I didn't know how freighters worked so the only planets I colonized were Gaia/Terran/Swamp.

icelevistus

Postby icelevistus » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:19 pm

I remember back in the day, Gyro used to be one of my favorite weapons. I don't know why. Structure damage + no need for targetting computers maybe? I have no idea how I survived playing MOO/MOO2 in that time. I didn't know how freighters worked so the only planets I colonized were Gaia/Terran/Swamp.

Return to “General Discussion”