Ship space modding

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Wamphyri
Ship space modding

Postby Wamphyri » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:17 am

Ahoy there,

I recentelly re-installed MOO2 and while building my ususal fleet I was overcome by the desire to change a few aspects of the game.

I would like to increase the basic ship size of all classes and really increase the ship size of starbases and battlestations.

I tried using the OCL editor but I feel the data might be incorrect as all frigate values are representated with 0 and the titan has a lower space value than the cruiser...

My question is.. Where do I begin, trying to edit ship hull sizes? I have not found a general tutorial and unfortunately messing around with deactivating ship size restrictions via cheat engine only benefits me and not the AI so I'd like things to be a little more fair. ( I know I'll probably have to create ship templates for the AI at some point but I would like to focus on the space parameter first)

Thanks in Advance,
Wamphyri

Rocco

Re: Ship space modding

Postby Rocco » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:22 am

If you are using an older OCL editor, then make sure to download the latest version of OCL_Improved.
With OCL_Imp, you can choose to work with a GUI or from command prompt.
Am always using the prompt myself, but the GUI provides explanations of each section of editable values.
Also check OCL_Improved_Read_Me.txt that is included with the download.
Hull sizes can be edited in dection [SHIPS].
Hope this helps.

Wamphyri

Re: Ship space modding

Postby Wamphyri » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:42 pm

Perhaps I chose the wrong Data text file as I just don't seem to get OCL-improved to display the ships properly... Is there any further documentation on the software?

EDIT:

I seem to have hat a misplaced punctuation mark in the Textfile I tried unpacking OCL-improved again and using the format.txt everything appears to be in Order

Return to “Game Modifications”