OCL_Improved

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Rocco
Re: OCL_Improved

Postby Rocco » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:34 am

Afair there was no problem changing system monsters speed via OCL_Improved. *** you need to create a new save with new .exe to see the effect.
Yes i did overlook to create new game .. apology for posting premature conclusion.

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:10 pm

new version 249 released

*added defeat guardian tech bonus section

*fixed missile costs sections bug

*fixed guardian 8th special bug

*added Cloaking Field in existsing section 'combat bonuses' replaces "Cloaking Device Beam Defense" but only in VDC mod,not usable in other then vdc

Nirran

edit: bug that causes the first hex in the exe to be written over with another value,makes moo2 to close app on click,difficult to track down,in the mean time link on my site has a older working version
Fastest way for evil to triump is for good people to do nothing

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:43 pm

fixed crash bug,uploaded

Nirran

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:11 pm

some additions and fixes,uploaded

Muton

Postby Muton » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:40 am

Thank you for your effort in this wonderful old game!

I used to have a copy of OCL Improved but I have deleted it :cry:
The newer version is a 64bit only and I do not have a compiler.
Is there a chance you or some other kind guy can provide a win32 executable?
Or an older version?

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Thu May 07, 2015 5:35 am

Hey Nirran,

just one update for your great program:
The Battle Scanner value in OCL currently only changes the ship info screen when in Main Galaxy Map. The actual Battle Scanner attack bonus is located at BBDBA in VDC/ICE.
Default hex value is 32 for the +50 combat bonus.

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Thu May 28, 2015 7:23 pm

Another (possible) bug report (or I am doing something wrong). Using the latest build (245), I can't seem to alter the speed of the ship repair bonus the Cybernetic pick includes, no matter what value I enter instead of 200. I did try several times, on a clean fresh install, having properly saved the txt file produced by OCL before using the GUI to write to MOO2 files. On all instances, the cybernetic ships always regenerate 10% of Structure+Armor per combat round, half the rate of the 'Automated Repair Unit' ship special... Btw, is there a way to alter the repair speed of this ship special ?
Am looking at the code that governs ARU and cyber. Have already played a game where ARU is 10% instead of 20 and cybernetic 5% instead of 10. The offset '64' appears in multiple places and have yet to identify why there are so many and for which situation each one applies. As for the repair% of internal systems I have two questions: 1. in ocl_improved txt file it says that the denominator for internal repair is 660 (294). is it known where this offset is located / is that an offset? I cannot easily find it it seems... 2. anyone has a way to actually test internal repair in game? or does it come down to counting the little yellow bars :)

Darza

Postby Darza » Thu May 28, 2015 7:52 pm

It come to witnessing the specials being repaired, engine, weapons, computer etc, about second question. With various stuff like malfunctioning repaired shield etc.

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:40 am

1. in ocl_improved txt file it says that the denominator for internal repair is 660
Not denominator, but numerator. In Vanilla factual rate of repair of internal systems for cybernetic race is 660/200=3.3% contrary to description, which says it is 5%;
is it known where this offset is located / is that an offset? I cannot easily find it it seems...
No, it isn't known. Moreover, I figured this numarator by myself, since I verified the actual rate of repair, which turned out to be different from specified.

Code: Select all

CMBTFIR2: Repair_Combat_Ship_ Offset: Data Size Value 000BB0D8: C8 00 00 00 DWORD 200 ; Internal Repair = X/200
Edit: I dug up the letter about this function. X is the base formed by the sum of:
1. Half of hp of the engine
2. HP of beam computer
3. HP of shield generator
4. HP of weapons
5. HP of specials

And the difference between 5% and 3.3% came from the fact that base includes only half hp of the engines.
2. anyone has a way to actually test internal repair in game? or does it come down to counting the little yellow bars
Yes, internals are showing with yellow bars. To test the rate of repair you can use ion cannon (or emg missile) to damage internals and see how fast it is going to be repaired in the next rounds.

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Sat May 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Not denominator, but numerator. In Vanilla factual rate of repair of internal systems for cybernetic race is 660/200=3.3% contrary to description, which says it is 5%;
Yes, this is what i meant, translated wrongly into english.
And the difference between 5% and 3.3% came from the fact that base includes only half hp of the engines.
Ok. Does changing 200 to 132 to achieve the 5% internal repair, then changes a star base internal repair correctly, as it has no engine?

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Sat May 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Does changing 200 to 132 to achieve the 5% internal repair, then changes a star base internal repair correctly, as it has no engine?
Cannot tell, it needs testing.

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Some info for the OCL_Improved GUI program:
The last row in the table SHIPS are the hit point values of the ships in non-tactical games.
(4,15,25,40,80,300). Strategic ship do not have regular armor & structure, only hit points.

Also ships in strategic have no combat speed; the row before the last one are the base numbers for Beam Defense or Ship Defense (not sure which one atm): 50,40,30,25,20,15, and -10 for the platforms.

The four preceding columns are strategic ship weapon counts: beams, missiles, special weapons, bombs.
Last edited by Rocco on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Salamandre

Postby Salamandre » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi,

I downloaded it but no idea how to use with GoG version of the game. When I open it, after placing in MOO2 folder, it does not read game files, so everything is empty. I am playing (and enjoying) ICEx mod and I would like to use OCL to modify back to 50% battle pods plus double the research for every tech. Can anyone give me a hint about, please?

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Hey,

if OCL_Improved.exe is in the same folder as ICEMODx.exe, then startup a DOS prompt.
In the prompt go to the folder where ICEx is located.
Then type:
OCL_Improved.exe -ext -debug -VDC -exe:ICEMODx.exe -txt:mynewtextfile.txt

This wil generate a text file, named mynewtextfile.txt (call it whatever you want)

In this file you can modify the things like Battle Pods space etc.
Once done run:
OCL_Improved.exe -wrt -debug -VDC -exe:ICEMODx.exe -txt:mynewtextfile.txt

And the exe will be updated.

Salamandre

Postby Salamandre » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:46 am

Thanks, much appreciated.

Return to “Game Modifications”