Shipping Colonists

Discussion on how to play against other humans.
Anjin
Shipping Colonists

Postby Anjin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forums (as of 5 minutes ago), but have been playing MOO2 for a couple of years now but mostly in single player (which I'm hoping will change if I can coerce a couple of my buddies in the UK to join me online, I live in California). So hi to all you folks, glad there are so many others still playing this game of games.

My question is mainly thus; I've been playing around with population-growth-maxing techniques and always come up against a conundrum; when I drop a colony ship in a new system, should I ship a bunch of colonists from my home system to crank out an autofactory, then a load of colony bases, or should I just house that first colonist until there's enough pop on that planet to build the colony bases, leaving my home system to continue building more colony ships?

Astax

Postby Astax » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:05 pm

Way I used to do is I would house for the first 4-5 turns. Which would be about enough for 1 colonists. In the mean time I had colonists en route tot he planet. So I would end up with 2 colonists plus 1 or 2 I shipped. It's good amount to make an autofactory.

Though in VDC everything is on steroids, often I would ship fist-fulsl of colonists to new colonies!

Overlord2

Re: Shipping Colonists

Postby Overlord2 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:08 am

Hi
My question is mainly thus; I've been playing around with population-growth-maxing techniques and always come up against a conundrum; when I drop a colony ship in a new system, should I ship a bunch of colonists from my home system to crank out an autofactory, then a load of colony bases, or should I just house that first colonist until there's enough pop on that planet to build the colony bases, leaving my home system to continue building more colony ships?
Depends on the situation/turn.
Better watch the replays how vet players do it: http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2008 ... plays.html

Return to “Strategy & Tactics”