I love to play Master of Orion2 in MP Mode. But there is one thing i really don't like.
To have a Chance to win, you have to Choose one of the "uber Races" who are much more powerful than the standard-Races (non customized Races).
Are there other Players, who are sick about Playing in MP Games with 100% Unification + Abusive + something (just uber) Races as well?
For Example: Many expierienced MOO2 players say, that feudalism races are just chanceless and useless in Mp Games.
Yes that is true, but this is because of the bad balanced Unification-Races they are playing with. Feudalism races aren't that bad, if playing with balanced races of the same strength.
Is there a chance, so get players just play a fair game with standard-equal-balanced-racelist where everybody has the same chance to win?
I agree, that the standard races are not well balanced as well, some of them just suck, others are fairly playable.
I created a list of races, which i think about well balanced to play with each other. They use very different racepicks and are designed for this Art to play:
Version: 1.31 or 1.40
Computer Players: None
Startup Time: Average
Galaxy Size: Huge
Galaxy Age: Average or Organic
Tactical Combat: Yes
Other Rules: Like the Ladder Game rules described in this Forum (no Report, no Orion attacks. etc.)
Here is the Race List:
1. Alkari: Dict, Low Gravity,+1 research, +25 Defense, Artifacts, Large Homeworld, Transdimensional
2. Bulrathi: Feudalism, High Gravity, Warlord, +10 Ground Combat, -20 Defense, Large Homeworld, +50 Population Growth
3. Darlok: Dict, Stealth ships, Lithovoric, +10 Spy, -1 Research, Large Homeworld, -50% Pop Growth, Poor Homeworld
4. Elerians: Feudalism, Telepathic, Omniscience, +0,5 MC, Large Homeworld, Poor Homeworld
5. Gnolams: Dict, +1 MC, Charismatic, Lucky, Low Gravity, Large Homeworld
6. Humans: Democratic, Charismatic
7. Klacon: Unification, +1Prod, +1 Food, Uncreative, Large Homeworld
8. Meklar: Dict, Kybernetic, +2 Prod
9. Psilon: Dict, Creative, Low Gravity, +2 Research, Large Homeworld
10. Mrrshan: Dict, +20 Attack, Warlord, +1 Prod, Large Homeworld
11. Trilarian: Dict, Transdimensional, Aquatic
What do you think about it?
Is the list balanced, of is there a race too strong or too bad?
Do you think there may be a chance to get players to play these relatively weak but imho sympathic races, if they know, all other races are of equal strength and from this List as well?
Discussion on how to play against other humans.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest