confederation question

Discussion on how to play against other humans.
rewster1
confederation question

Postby rewster1 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:36 pm

I realize feudal is another "not popular in multiplayer" pick for obvious reasons... but I was reading one of the online strategy guides, which said your research is only reduced by 25% per scientist under confederation. Is that accurate, even though it is stated no where in the manual, or in-game?

By the way, I recently got moo ii working with dosbox, and wouldn't mind trying multiplayer online, but it's gonna be a month or two before we get high speed internet (right now we're "borrowing" from our kind anonymous neighbors' wifi). I do look forward to actually playing against a human for the first time... even if I get beat every time, it'll still be more interesting.

rewster1

Postby rewster1 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:51 pm

Duh... answered my own question with ALT MENLO. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.
So yeah, wonder why that bonus isn't mentioned...

StepNRazor

wifi whi not

Postby StepNRazor » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:25 am

Hi ya join us onlinme play, week days there are some players and can usualy get a 1v1 Fridays and weekends brigns in more players and usualy several 4ways are palyed on then.
Wifi from the neihbors should be fine but you most likley wont be able to host unless your neighbor alloews you to make some changes on his router. And not being able to host is usualy not a problem there enough that can host.
You realy do want to read up on online strategy about building up your population, the the guides and ask questions on the mirc channel we meet on, search for mirc here in forums and you will find it.

rewster1

Postby rewster1 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:51 am

The wireless signal drops about half the time, and the signal is permanantly "very low". It's a wonder I can even check email at home on that.
I wouldn't want to subject several people in a multiplayer game to having to deal with that. I should have broadband by November... in the meantime, are there any other good strategy articles or videos like that unitol movie of AlexD's? something for a demo race maybe?

Return to “Strategy & Tactics”