Is there a way.......?

Discussion on how to play against other humans.
techn0mage
Is there a way.......?

Postby techn0mage » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:37 am

Hi Gang,

Very happy to see that other people are still appreciating this great game. Although I wish there were certain shortcuts to make certain things easier (i.e. moving around the map in tactical combat), the game as-is still stands up quite well today.

Although I'm not as cool as you guys (i only play single player), I've been running into a problem on many of my games that is really making things a drag and I was hoping someone could offer some advice, even though you are a multiplayer crowd.

Simply put, the problem is the other AI's spying on some of the enemy empires and framing me for it. It's annoying to get a couple warnings about it and then finally they declare war on me for something someone else did, all the while there's nothing I can do about it. This is the main thing right now that keeps me from winning games on 'impossible' difficulty.

In this and other games (i.e. Civ4), the enemy empires seem to know the strength of your military and if you look like a relatively difficult target, even warlike nations who can still beat you would rather first pick on someone who looks like an easier victory. But the espionage framings make them go to war with me just because they got mad, and remain unwilling to deal with me for the rest of the game even if I manage to end the war somehow.

So all I'm asking is, is there a way to avoid being set-up like this? Or is there no way to prevent it, and it's just something we all have to deal with?

I know single player isnt most of you guys' thing, but I havent found many moo2 forums out there these days.... :)

Much respect to all you moo2 fans :)

Matthew

spying

Postby Matthew » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Best way to prevent that is to have a lot of spies and send them to whichever of the AI is doing the most offensive spying. They will put all their's on defense in response. If they have a high spy defense you'll lose a few spies in the process.

Return to “Strategy & Tactics”