Building Order

Discussion on how to play against other humans.
Yxklyx
Building Order

Postby Yxklyx » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:27 am

So, what's the best order for building up new colonies after you have made many achievements? I'm thinking particularly of the production increasing buildings. Do you go something like this?

1. Cloning Center (if you have the money to purchase one)
2. Automated Factories
3. Marine Barracks (?)
4. Robo Miners
5. Robotic Factory
6. Recyclotron
etc..

And when do you start building the Pollution Buildings. Is there a best order?

marhawkman

Postby marhawkman » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:37 pm

I typically leave out the cloning things completely. and leave recyclotron for last. Oh and, unless tolerant, I put in a pollution control tech before it too. Mix in Morale boost techs in there somewhere.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:58 am

Building queue depends on race you play, but in most cases you should build prod facilities ( autofactory, robos). Having it built you can build other structures much quicker. Sometimes when you settle a big pop rich planet ( and you're not tolerant) and you can send many pop there quick you should build aviable pollution cleaner first to reduce pollution.

Yxklyx

Postby Yxklyx » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:31 am

Building queue depends on race you play, but in most cases you should build prod facilities ( autofactory, robos). Having it built you can build other structures much quicker. Sometimes when you settle a big pop rich planet ( and you're not tolerant) and you can send many pop there quick you should build aviable pollution cleaner first to reduce pollution.
Robotic Factory and Recyclotron don't seem that great - seems better to build Housing instead and build these two after you've maxed out on Workers.

marhawkman

Postby marhawkman » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:01 pm

Robotic Factory and Recyclotron don't seem that great - seems better to build Housing instead and build these two after you've maxed out on Workers.
Actually i rarely build robotic factory at all. the bonus is typically too weak to be worth it.

Time

Postby Time » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:38 pm

Robotic Factory and Recyclotron have their uses.

Robotic Factories are best used on planets that are Ultra-Rich, Rich, or Abundant.
It will provide 20 production to an UR planet, so, that will make it worth building. Even if the planet is tiny or small.

Recyclotron is best used on Big planets with alot of population. A planet with 25 pop in production, will recieve 25 extra production, that makes it worth it too.

In the exact opposite cases, you wouldn't want to build them. Robotic Factories on an Ultra poor planet yields 5 production. If the planet has decient food production, or happends to be an artifacts planet, I would go those routes instead.
Recyclotron on a tiny planet might gain you 1-3 production. So you are right, here it would seem worthless.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

marhawkman

Postby marhawkman » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Yep, that's about it.

Return to “Strategy & Tactics”