Has anyone used time-warp facilitator+phasing cloak?

Discussion on how to play against other humans.
Morthos

Postby Morthos » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:27 am

Salutations! This is my first visit here, though I've been playing single-player for over 8 years. I'm ashamed to say this is the first time I've looked about for an online system. I've come here looking for ways to play against my friend on my second computer via crossover cable...and found much more!

First thought of many...when playing single player...has anyone used the trick of time warp facilitator + phasing cloak? Maybe with hyper-x capacitors and a basic shield to ward off boarding by transporters?

This is simply evil when played singleplayer (no ship initiative). One ship with tractor beams, a couple maulers and death rays can take down a whole fleet.
May your warriors die honorably.

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:47 am

Welcome to the forums.
I think that would be considered exploiting a bug but most multi player games don't go long enough for that much tech. The game is often decided by the time you research phasers. Some games are decided even sooner than that because of blitz rushing.

Morthos

Postby Morthos » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Thanks Matthew, that makes sense.

If a long game was running, would such a tactic be allowed? There are ways to counter it.

On that subject, could someone please direct me to rules of engagement on this site? I've also yet to install the 1.4 patch and do not know the changes that will make. Is losing the HV option for ion cannon one of them?
May your warriors die honorably.

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:17 pm

Thanks Matthew, that makes sense.

If a long game was running, would such a tactic be allowed? There are ways to counter it.

On that subject, could someone please direct me to rules of engagement on this site? I've also yet to install the 1.4 patch and do not know the changes that will make. Is losing the HV option for ion cannon one of them?
Long games tend to go beyond a single session. Games that you can't play in one session are difficult to finish. I would avoid relying on that type of strat in mp.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:41 pm

I've also yet to install the 1.4 patch and do not know the changes that will make. Is losing the HV option for ion cannon one of them?
IIRC 1.31 patch changed that. http://lordbrazen.blogspot.com/2005/01/ ... h-faq.html here you can read about 1.40

Return to “Strategy & Tactics”