BUILD SYSTEM: QUEUE VS MASS

Discussion on how to play against other humans.

which build system do you prefer?

mass build (save production)
17%
queue build (house everywhere)
67%
mixed build (hybrid: use mass build till autofacts, after that switch to queue build)
17%

Total votes: 6

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:33 am

whats funnier, is that some people who play dict races, dont ever build marine barracks on their housing planets.
hmm how do u mean ? With dicsub f.e. I´ll build afacs first. Then I let these planets with afacs just house, while I tech on my Homeplanet. When that Planet is full I build a MB and rlab on another planet and tech there too. I think MBs r not really important for housing.
i think i prefer building at least 2 cbases then teching rlabs/autos and building rest of cbases.

sometimes with slower races ill only build one.
I prefer near always building all cbases, expect demolitharti or there´s a shit tiny upoor lg planet or so ... but usually I prefer building all at first. This gives u in the end more money and pop.

KFizzle

Postby KFizzle » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:28 pm

not building marine barracks on housing planets for dict races, cuts down on housing rates cause it cuts down on production by 20%.

but at the same time, if you dont build mbs you save 1bc per turn for every mbs not built.

siron

Postby siron » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:35 pm

not building marine barracks on housing planets for dict races, cuts down on housing rates cause it cuts down on production by 20%.
First of all, the basic 5prod by the autofacts are not affected by morale. And when there is just 1pop on the planet you lose about 1PP per turn.

When you build the barracks you lose pop...and sometimes the barracks are even completely useless for 1pop because of pollution which eats the additional PP.

yurop

Postby yurop » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:21 am

I vote for mas production because i prefer quality over quantity and I claim that the democracy can beat the uni (always play pre-warp games :) )

Return to “Strategy & Tactics”