Teching path ... ? What do u like most ?

Discussion on how to play against other humans.
ALEX|D
Teching path ... ? What do u like most ?

Postby ALEX|D » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:39 pm

If u dont blitz and teching to supers -> robos ... !

What do u tech next ?

If there is a monster I like to tech deuts -> mercs and taking monster. Further I like to go to atmos to get less poll. Then I usually take aug -> ion to
be able to move pop faster and prepare for battle. After that I like to tech to zort to have more hitpoints for my ships and to get mirved mercs ... !

Later I try to go for EMG or WD ... !

What do u prefer .... ?

Also look

viewtopic.php?p=1205#1205

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:44 pm

Depends on the race I play :) .. if normall prod race the path you mentioned is the best .. but if a race with f/e +20 att i go for c3 before zotrium.

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:47 pm

But the reason is not only C3 ... u wanna have good MD-Beams, or not ?

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:11 am

But the reason is not only C3 ... u wanna have good MD-Beams, or not ?
hmm ..don't get it... my point is: when i have good attack bonus i go for MD/c3, in other case i prefer teching zotrium first.

Dustin

How about this tech path?

Postby Dustin » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:46 pm

1. Electronic Computer
2. Research Lab (For the Basic Research Bonus)
3. Reinforced Hall
4. Auto Factory (So you can build the small, cheap stuff quickily, like scouts and colony bases)
5. Nuculear Missle (standard weapon of choice in the very begining and on small maps)
6. Nuculear Drive (so you can build basic ships like scouts)
7. Survival Pods (save the leader if the ship goes down)
8. Spaceport ($)
9. Robo-Miners (this is so you can build the not so cheap stuff quickily like Colony Ships and Large size war-ships)
10. Colony Ships (this is so you can expand, once you have the production base and support, you have this go ahead and start pumping them out -- the colony ships)
11. Biospheres (+2 Max pop is nice)
12. Deterium Fuel Cells (Bonus Range on map)
13. Merculite Missles (+75% better missle)
14. Anything I'm missing, beginning game wise, go ahead and get, later when you have 4-5 Colonies on a huge map, you are good to go, or 2 Colonies on a small map -- be sure to build at least 1 Merculite Missle Ship large ship)

You may then decide to get beam weapons or AutoLabs, or better population, or better drives... all are good choices. (not sure which is best, in what order)

KFizzle

Postby KFizzle » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:20 pm

teching paths:

well after primary techs (rlabs, hulls, autos, & bios)

typically i used to go for cloners first then supers/robos
but these days i play with no cloners approach

truth is with no cloners approach you really need a good 4-planet home system or 2nd system, otherwise its really hard to pop.

i skip cloners these days, and go straight for supers/robos depending on race, still get soils first with tolerant, otherwise id get pol procs/battle tech path maybe nab a monster or two.

these days i feel like its more important to have a bb or two ready by turn 100 with ion drives maybe some c3s, i love c3s, i prefer c3s over zorts, one because c3s is faster to get plus it gives mods on mds, i dont mind skipping warp dissipators, and i think..

after that, my newest approach that i adopted from step, and z party is, teching sub space comms for fusion beam mods. fusion beam mods helps a lot, in any fight, so does md mods.

yup im a beamy man.

i also always get pol procs since their maintenance costs are one unlike 3 for atmos, of course then how would i fight against a creative then? simple just get some antimatter bombs and that should fix it.

also like irridium a lot, great in 4ways with no creative. pulsons doesnt hurt either but i would only get that maybe if theres a creative in game otherwise id skip it.

otherwise, the best approach of course would always be:
primary techs: rlabs, hulls, autos, bios
2ndary techs: cloners/soils, supers, robos
then go up chemistry tree: deuts, mercs, atmos
after that id get battle techs

but that was my old approach when i first came here, still prolly the best approach with non tolerant races.

Ramidel

Postby Ramidel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:17 pm

I generally target autofac, then Research Lab, then Nuclear Missile and Nuclear Drive. I prefer missiles for my early defense force, to ward off blitz-happy maniacs. (Very useful on monsters too.) Colony Ship's next.

After that...it really depends. If I'm creative, biology is my quest, if not, I'm probably blitzing anyway...Can't recall a situation where I wasn't doing either a Creative or blitz strategy, actually.

I'm too varied and devious. ^_^

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:31 pm

Starting from Average

Research Labs
Reinforced Hull
Autofactories
Biospheres
Soil Enrichment
Deutrium Fuel Cells
Battle Pods
Augmented Engines
Merculite Missles
ECM Jammer
Ion Drive
The rest is what seems like would be good for the particular that game.

Lavarn

Postby Lavarn » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:55 pm

On the prewarp setting with a production race (I don't have much experience playing the tech races), I usually go with the following order:

Frighters
(Build colony bases)
Electronic Computer
Research Lab
(Build research labs on all colonies in the system)
Reinforced Hull
Automated Factory
(Build auto factories on all colonies in the system)
Extended Fuel Tanks, etc.
(Build one or two scouts)
Colony Ship, etc.
(Expansion - build a few colony ships and colonize all the star systems close to me)
Biospheres
Soil Enrichment or Cloning Center (depending on my exact race)
Neural Scanners
Supercomputer
(Build supercomputers on all of my colonies. This usually gives me a huge edge in research if I can survive to this point)

At this point I'm usually torn between getting Battle Pods, Spaceport, and Robo Miners - or getting Augmented Engines and Ion Drive - or starting the path up to Zortrium Armor for mirved merculite missiles.

A couple questions I have about this build. First, I'm not sure about getting research labs before auto factories. I could just get auto factories and colony ship, and do all my expanding before even getting the research lab. I've tried this before and I think getting the research lab earlier is better, but I'm not sure. I'm curious to know what other people usually do.

Second, teching to Supers right after Soils/Clones is a little greedy. Perhaps I should tech to Merculites first (and battle pods) before going scanners/supers? That would give me enough defense with mirved nuclear missiles as well as the capability to take out a monster. But overall, it does slow my tech down quite a bit. What do you think?

siron

Postby siron » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:26 pm

A couple questions I have about this build. First, I'm not sure about getting research labs before auto factories. I could just get auto factories and colony ship, and do all my expanding before even getting the research lab.
Uni Aqua 2prod lrhw can also produce cships without autofacts. Shiptechs are often researched before rlabs when you are unsure your strategy in the game.

Should I blitz because there arent enough wets in my neighborhood? Or nice wh? It gives you also the option to tech hv. armor when you find an early wormhole.

And btw. Without further wets in your hw you gain sometimes alot of pop by an early cship.
Second, teching to Supers right after Soils/Clones is a little greedy.
When there is time you should research it. When you see wormholes or enemies you better research some weapon techs. Or NA might be also attractive when there are enough wets in your neighborhood.

Return to “Strategy & Tactics”