Creative be returned to 6 racepicks in 1.40?

Suggest or Vote on new features here.
PsyDev
Creative be returned to 6 racepicks in 1.40?

Postby PsyDev » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Given that Creative is acknowledged as inferior to other styles in multiplayer (production races, research races,...) might it be appropriate to make Creative 6 points instead of 8, as it was in the original version of Moo2?

Seems like it would make sense. Creative works well against AI and might be worth the cost there, but in multiplayer I don't think it's worth the extra cost.

c3powe

Postby c3powe » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:29 pm

I totally agree, In order to select creative now you almost have to take repulsive otherwise you can't justify the negative picks you have to make to total -10.

The selection should be at least 7 not 8, then you could pick minuses in spying instead of pop or money.

Chris P
When your ten everyone wants a pony!

Zyraen

Postby Zyraen » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:11 am

I think Creative is extremely powerful in lategame, but 6 or 7 might be good, yes. Its not that much difference in a pre-warp game though.

BTW, just wondering, perhaps there can be a /allcreative=2 or some such commandline option put in place, such that all Computer Players are Creative for the equivalent of X points?

Time

Postby Time » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:58 pm

I'd be good with 7 as well.

It's been awhile since, I have plaed MOO2, but, I remember, thinking TransD, High-G and Fantastic Traders were all overpriced for multiplayer.
Dropping TransD and High-G down to 4, and FanT down to 3 would work.
I know some of the mods reduce these already.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Return to “Suggestions”