switch possibility?

Suggest or Vote on new features here.
martock
switch possibility?

Postby martock » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:56 am

Would it be possible to create a switch for the following?

1) turn all monsters into Guardians
2) remove all ultra poor / poor worlds
3) allow Antarans to attack from turn 1

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Re: switch possibility?

Postby Lord Brazen » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:32 pm

Well yes its possible, but I'm not sure many would be interested in such a switch. A number of the switches I have added already go unused as people just don't like them.

Item #2 can be done with an editor. Item #1 may also be possible with an editor, but the Guardian is a special monster. There are several flags that need to be set in the save game for a proper Guardian to be created. The game may act strangely if some or all are not set. I dont know if any editors handle the Guardian correctly.

I do like that idea about Antarians being able to attack from turn 1. I have been thinking about a switch to make the Antarians harder.
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Postby Lord Brazen » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:05 pm

moved to the suggestions forum..

dirt-bag

Postby dirt-bag » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:57 am

i would agree that antarans and random event are way too infrequent. however antarans on turn 1-30 would be devastating if u lost HW or second colony before c basing. all the more reason to pick lucky i guess :)

despite 90% of the communities misconceptions on random events. they affect players at random with a small bias to the weakest position. many people think (mostly those who refuse to play random) random always favours weakest position.

a 200 turn game might have 3 events. many of which are no big deal to anyone, ie pop boom, industrial accident. the snivelers can play random off, i think those of us who like them would like to see more of them.

perhaps a /random=n switch where n= the % chance per turn of an event

/random=100 would be hilarious!
bok bok

siron

Postby siron » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:10 pm

I think that many players dislike the time anomaly.

Just yesterday dimka and larsman had an unbelievable game.
Turn 52 pre warp. Dimka has just 1 system and ..... time anomaly.

He was slightly pissed off and conceded.

What about a no time anomaly switch?

I discussed it with Dimka a bit, he already found the hex address in the save file.

StepNRazor

Postby StepNRazor » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:07 am

ya an increase in randoms would be fun /rand=n =)
I would like to see some switches to filter out some rands like time anomily, and mabyee one or two more that could be selected like UR upGrade, Space flux and space monster these could get anoying if there was a lot of rands say a game that had 4 by t 100.

ChefKoch

Postby ChefKoch » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:32 am

Item #1 may also be possible with an editor, but the Guardian is a special monster. There are several flags that need to be set in the save game for a proper Guardian to be created. The game may act strangely if some or all are not set. I dont know if any editors handle the Guardian correctly.
I think my brother has got an editor which handles the guardian correct, but I have to ask him first because I'm not that kind of person who uses editors to cheat or something else (my goal is - like yours - to improve the whole game).
So if there is still an interest in adding / editing the guardian, let me know and I look for the editor...

ChefKoch

Postby ChefKoch » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:41 am

I think that many players dislike the time anomaly.

Just yesterday dimka and larsman had an unbelievable game.
Turn 52 pre warp. Dimka has just 1 system and ..... time anomaly.

He was slightly pissed off and conceded.

What about a no time anomaly switch?

I discussed it with Dimka a bit, he already found the hex address in the save file.
In thousands of games I had the time anomaly only one or two times I think. But I agree, that it is absolutely annoying and especially if you have only one colony. Maybe it is possible that the anomaly occur only if you have e.g. three or more colonies...?

By the way, what about creating a switch for the hyperspace anomaly? In my opnion, the effect is sometimes too long or too short...

And regarding the random events at all, I also think they are too infrequent and their effect should be changend to some kind of relative effect. E.g. losing research points could be a percentage around 50% - 100%.

martock

Postby martock » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:39 pm

Item #1 may also be possible with an editor, but the Guardian is a special monster. There are several flags that need to be set in the save game for a proper Guardian to be created. The game may act strangely if some or all are not set. I dont know if any editors handle the Guardian correctly.
I think my brother has got an editor which handles the guardian correct, but I have to ask him first because I'm not that kind of person who uses editors to cheat or something else (my goal is - like yours - to improve the whole game).
So if there is still an interest in adding / editing the guardian, let me know and I look for the editor...
The editor I have is CORION2 and it works fine but the problem seems to be the actual Guardian itself. Apparently there is more to it than just plopping guardians around the galaxy. I have problems when I try to put more than 1 guardian into the game.

ChefKoch

Postby ChefKoch » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:19 am

The editor I have is CORION2 and it works fine but the problem seems to be the actual Guardian itself. Apparently there is more to it than just plopping guardians around the galaxy. I have problems when I try to put more than 1 guardian into the game.
Yes, that's it!

Ok, maybe the game has some special programming which handles one guardian only. It would make sense because the game idea is there is only one guardian and it is at orion...

Zieman

Postby Zieman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:04 am

Sorry for thread necromancy, but I feel the need to tell you this:
Every time I start a new game, I immediately save it, and use a hex editor to make the Guardian a lot harder to kill (more hp, autofire weapons etc.). Works only in single player though.

I wish I could find a way to modify the game code that generates the Guardian (and Antarans & monsters) to give some challenge... :wink:
No skill, no knowledge - but lots of LUCK!!!

Return to “Suggestions”