Powered Armor Bug

Suggest or Vote on new features here.
martock
Powered Armor Bug

Postby martock » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:47 am

Powered Armor seems to be messed up for a human player. When the AI units are equipped with Powered Armor, they can take 2 hits before they drop though Human players still can only take 1. On screen it does say that they should take 2 shots before being killed.

siron

Postby siron » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:37 am

Good observation.

I still have to figure out if this is a serious bug or just wrongly displayed.

martock

Postby martock » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:23 pm

I paid VERY close attention to all my ground battles after posting this. I admit that I saw just 1 battle (out of about 40) where the powered armored troops of mine could take 2 hits. It bugged me when I saw this as it was not more than 30 minutes after I had posted this topic here. I do know that every battle thereafter, my troops could only take 1 hit. Now this was visually confirmed. My marines were equipped with power armor, Xentronium armor, plasma rifles, anti-grav hover...AI was similarly equipped except Neutronium armor and fusion rifles. This AI did not have tanks or battleoids, only marines. I started to pay attention to the actual numbers and my units, dropped like flies against the AI forces. Every shot sound produced 1 AI kill against my forces while 2 shots from my men would produce 1 AI marine death.

martock

Postby martock » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:50 pm

Is this something that Lord Brazen can actually fix or is this something that isn't really reachable due to coding and such? I'd really like to know as it's driving me nuts.

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Postby Lord Brazen » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:25 pm

Is this something that Lord Brazen can actually fix or is this something that isn't really reachable due to coding and such? I'd really like to know as it's driving me nuts.
Yes I can fix this. If it is an actual bug and not a feature of the game then I will look at it.

I dont recall ever looking at the ground battles closely when I had powered armor. I do recall some battles where the troops took 2 hits to kill due to my opponents race picks but not due to power armor.

Usually I just bomb them out...I'm just to lazy :twisted:
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

martock

Postby martock » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:06 am

Yes I can fix this. If it is an actual bug and not a feature of the game then I will look at it.

I dont recall ever looking at the ground battles closely when I had powered armor. I do recall some battles where the troops took 2 hits to kill due to my opponents race picks but not due to power armor.

Usually I just bomb them out...I'm just to lazy :twisted:
I believe it is a bug as I have continued to watch the game and every time I have powered armor I lose 1 marine to 1 hit. AI, simiarly equipped, will lose 1 marine to 2 hits. Only in 1 game did I ever see my marines take 2 hits before they dropped. Personally, I take every planet I encounter unless they are truly abysmal, like a Toxic, Tiny, Ultra-Poor planet. That one would be bombed or destroyed. Since I prefer invasions to mass bombings, I feel I have seen enough battles to know something flaky is going on with the powered armor for the human player.

Return to “Suggestions”