Aquatic Tech Elimination

Suggest or Vote on new features here.
Tifi
Aquatic Tech Elimination

Postby Tifi » Fri May 02, 2008 5:40 am

Observation:
Aquatic races treat 'wet' planets as if they were 1 class better right? So Terras are Gaias as far as Aquas are concerned.

Question:
Why can Aquatic races research Gaia Transformation at Bio3500? It seems like a waste of time and effort as they already have Gaias.

Precedent:
Litho races can't research Soils, farms, replicators & weathers.
Cyb races can't research Adv. Damage Control.
Tol races can't research pollution control techs.

I've played MOO2 for years, and this has only just occured to me.
I must be slow :P

c'g~

Postby c'g~ » Fri May 02, 2008 6:41 am

But U said it yourself - the answer:
Toxic Planet.
Build Gaia Transformation.
Changes Planets to Barren.
Can be then Terraformed to Terran, but because you've already built the GT there you can't push it onto the final stage.
With Aquatic U can...

Tifi

Postby Tifi » Fri May 02, 2008 3:28 pm

Flag Aquatic coloines as having built GT regardless of having discovered it or not?

Fair enough. That would work.
But why can these guys even research GT? They don't need it :P

Time

Postby Time » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:52 pm

Aquatic Races TREAT Terran planets as if they were Gaias for planet pop max, food etc.
So, when Aquatics actually have a gaia planet, they can benefit even more from it.
Just like Cyber races researching Automated Damage Control for even faster repair rates.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

LordLydon

Postby LordLydon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:48 am

I just tested this out Time and Aquatic Races do NOT treat Terran planets as if they were Gaia's for planet pop max or food. (always 3 food on Ocean, Terrain or Gaia)

And Aquatics also do NOT gain any extra benefit from Gaia's at all!

So for Aquatics to terraform an Ocean world to Terran is USELESS, and even MORE useless to change it to a Gaia. (unless you have other non-aquatic races on the planet I guess??)

So as Tifi stated, Aquatics researching Gaia Transformation does seem to be a waist/bug to me.

Maximum Population chart;
http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/sear ... 20formulae

Edit:

It looks like Aquatics treat Ocean planets specifically as GAIA'S and Tundra/Swamp as Terran for pop and food concerns. (and Terran's as... Gaia's for pop but Terrain for food!!)

So Aquatics ONLY gain +1 food for Gaia Transformation on a Tundra/Swamp (that is FIRST converted to Terran) and on other Terran worlds encountered. (pop remains the same on Ocean/Terran/Gaia)

Hope that makes sense....

Time

Postby Time » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:27 pm

:oops: You could be right there.
I've seen those charts before myself, and they appear to be accurate.
They have Subt/Tol, but, not Aqua/Subt, not sure why. It is a valid pop max choice.
It never made since to me for an Aquatic race to have to terraforn their ocean world into a terran, so, they could terraform it again to a gaia.

It's been awhile since I've reached that far in the game, And actually chose Gaia Transformation.
Usually, I choose Evolutionary Mutation, then, Warlord.
To stomp everything with Titans and Doom Stars from my 130+ command points.
I do remember the max pop I've ever had was 42, and that was on a Huge Gaia world with a Subt race with biospheres and adv city planning.

I always thought subts should get more pop, since, they always have more planet to dig deeper into, whether barren, tundra or whatever, (except, complete Ocean worlds, of course).
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

LordLydon

Postby LordLydon » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:12 am

Here's an Aquatic+Sub (11 picks) max pop chart if Siron wants to add it;

Code: Select all

Aquatic+Sub Tiny 1 Small 2 Medium 3 Large 4 Huge 5 To/R/B/D 3 7 10 13 16 Arid 5 10 15 20 25 Tu/Swamp 6 12 18 24 30 O/Terran/Gaia 7 14 21 28 35
It's worth noting, Aquatic+Sub recieves the exact SAME population MAXIMUM as ONLY Sub on Gaia worlds. (although much more on Tu/Swamp/Ocean/Terran)

So since the absolute MAXIMUM pop is 35 (even with Aquatic+Sub+Tolerant+Androids), and if you have Biosphere's (+2) and Advanced City Planning (+5) the most population you can EVER have is 42. (as Time noticed)

Also, TOLERANT races ONLY gain +1 food from Gaia Transformation as well (no pop increase) and may also research it just as Aquatics.

...and I agree, if I EVER do get to Gaia Transformation I just choose Evolutionary Mutation... so yeah... :D

Time wrote:
I always thought subts should get more pop, since, they always have more planet to dig deeper into, whether barren, tundra or whatever, (except, complete Ocean worlds, of course).
...they do!!! :roll: lol (except Tundra & same pop on Swamp [Aquatic]) Me thinks Emperor Time is losing it... time to annex his Human Empire!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Time

Postby Time » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:23 pm

...they do!!! :roll: lol (except Tundra & same pop on Swamp [Aquatic]) Me thinks Emperor Time is losing it... time to annex his Human Empire!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:D LOL!! :D
I know those, lol.
I was referring to even deeper.
Our crust is between 3-30 miles deep.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crust_(geology)
So, why wouldn't a true subterranean race simply dig deeper to house it's growing population?
A subtertanean race's pop max should be based mostly on planet size, not type. A sillicoid type race (let's say; Subt, Lith, Prod+1, LgHW) should be able to have a 200-1000 pop max planet. Why not? It just has to dig deeper, into the mantle, ours is about 1800 miles deep. That's 60 times deeper than the depth of the deepest crust!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantle_(geology)
Yet, it is limited to only 10 million more than its normal human counterparts.
(Not to mention, the "millions" in the game, should really, be "billions") We already have over 6 billion people living on this planet, which would be a 6000 pop planet in MOO2 game terms and we don't even have a colony base, yet.

Return to “Suggestions”