moo1 switch

Suggest or Vote on new features here.
siron
moo1 switch

Postby siron » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:57 am

There are still many many moo1 freaks. As many as moo2 i guess.

I liked that game, too. And I see here in the profiles that also SkyBandit likes it. Sadly, it had no mp, therefore I just play moo2 now.

The most moo1 freaks who dislike moo2 complain about the following problems in moo2:

1. Micromanagement especially all these buildings are boring. (I disagree because some specialization of the planets is possible. But thats not my point here...I want to think about an switch which could make the 1.4 patch far more popular among our moo1niacs.)
2. The tech tree, where you are always able to research all techs is boring (in moo1 they were randomly.)
3. Too weak planet defenses....

These are the main points IMHO.

So what about a moo1-switch where these problems are solved?

For example:
1. BuildingTechs were treated as achievements. (No more boring building lists.)
2. Defacto uncreative tech tree (mebbe a bit more balanced) where you cant see in advance which techs are researchable.
3. More than 1 missile base per planet is possible. Heh...I remember the old games now....

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Re: moo1 switch

Postby Lord Brazen » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:46 am

So what about a moo1-switch where these problems are solved?

For example:
1. BuildingTechs were treated as achievements. (No more boring building lists.)
2. Defacto uncreative tech tree (mebbe a bit more balanced) where you cant see in advance which techs are researchable.
3. More than 1 missile base per planet is possible. Heh...I remember the old games now....
I have to admit, I have never played moo1. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

siron

Postby siron » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:55 am

For those who are interested:

You can dl moo1 and the manual here: http://www.jonsullivan.com/misc/moo.php3

Well, this switch should be nothing at top of your to-do wishlist. But when youll run out of ideas how to improve that game for our kali-community (we are almost happy with the game how it is) you should look if you can improve it for other mooniacs. Your project has potential.

BTW. As we know the moo2-spy-system was never finished. (Reports are always uptodate.) I guess the designers had in mind that it should work very similar to moo1. More details in manual....or just watch the game a bit.

Mebbe completing the moo2-spy-system is also a nice idea...but it would be a further advantage for prodraces i guess.

Return to “Suggestions”