Adjusting Picks, based on other Picks

Suggest or Vote on new features here.
Time
Adjusting Picks, based on other Picks

Postby Time » Fri May 26, 2006 11:37 pm

This is the suggestion section, so let me know if this even possible or desired.

I have found certain picks that are limited more, by the choice of another pick/limitation. We all know, when Repulsive is chosen Charsmatic is shaded out. But, Telepathic is weakened by repulsive too (the +25% relations bonus). Fantastic Traders too (since you cannot trade with anyone, no bonus will be recieved).
:?: Is it possible to reduce Telepathic and Fantastic Traders by 1 point when Repulsive is chosen?

This could be done with Uni as well, when Lithovove is chosen (since Lithovore shades out the food bonuses/penalties and would not obviously benefit by the +50% food bonus of Uni for its race [until it conquered some colonists]) and possibly with other pick might some change like these too.

One can choose Telepathic and -10 Spying, to make Telepathic 3 points cheaper. I was looking for some sort of automatic change in cost for picks that are weakened by the selection of another pick, if possible.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Time

Postby Time » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:30 pm

Well 2 months have gone by, I guess there is little interest in adjusting for these discrepancies.

:( This probably beyond anyones skill to recode.

If possible it would create more variety to the races chosen.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

siron

Postby siron » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:29 pm

Several players had this dynamic picks idea. But first of all LB is interested to patch. Changing picks belongs more to modding. It is prolly a nice add on and prolly also possible...but it would cost a lot of time. Even changing the -10 picks cap isnt that easy (i.e. more than one address in the exe, prolly dozens).

Return to “Suggestions”