WarpDiss "Bug"

Suggest or Vote on new features here.
ALEX|D
WarpDiss "Bug"

Postby ALEX|D » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:20 am

WarpDiss takes less space/costs equiped in a FF than in a BB.

WarpDiss should have a fix space for all ships, like fighters/shuttles have, cos why should WD take more space in a BB while it works in a FF with 1/6 of space/costs.

siron

Postby siron » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:19 am

Also a nice switch idea IMHO.

AFAIK LB works on a screen (inside moo) which includes all current switches.

Would be nice to have a field where you can enter a fixed WD-Size there.

This size should really not depend on ship class....

Cybersaber

Postby Cybersaber » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:45 pm

I definitely agree, and suggest that a War Diss should be sized to FILL an entire Cruiser with BattlePods containing nothing but Reinforced Hull and Aug Engines. Perhaps even a BB.We would also need to be consistent that the device took up the same space in a Starbase or BattleStation.

PK

Postby PK » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:10 am

The choice between c3 and wd is already hard. If u would create a BIG wd placed only on bb - it wouldnt be so cool anymore. I tend to take c3 lately as defence against transporters. WD ships can be easly terminated if right strategy is used!

PK
PK

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:25 am

WD just should have a fix "space" like 50 Space_Points or so.

So u can equip it in a BB with 50 Space_Points or in a CA or in a DD, WD takes everywhere 50 Space_Points !

siron

Postby siron » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:45 pm

OK. I expected these different tastes:
I definitely agree, and suggest that a War Diss should be sized to FILL an entire Cruiser with BattlePods containing nothing but Reinforced Hull and Aug Engines. Perhaps even a BB.
I have the bb-solution in the dc mod where WDs are almost just a defensive technology (starbases). 275 space. Even after full miniaturization it will never fit in a dd (but in a ca).
We would also need to be consistent that the device took up the same space in a Starbase or BattleStation.
AFAIK there are no space values at all for the warpdiss (or other ship specials) with respect to starbase (battlest./starfort).
I tend to take c3 lately as defence against transporters. WD ships can be easly terminated if right strategy is used!
I also like an attractive warp diss (for my opponents). Especially when I have early transporters. :twisted:
WD just should have a fix "space" like 50 Space_Points or so.

So u can equip it in a BB with 50 Space_Points or in a CA or in a DD, WD takes everywhere 50 Space_Points !
Let us emphasize this again. The WD is the only ship special which does not improve any characteristic of the ship itself (hitpoints, beam attack, missile evasion etc.).

The size should therefore not depend on shipclass....and 50 sounds fair and I would like to play this too.

(The only other ship special which has huge impact on other ships is (AFAIK) the Wide Area Jammer. But here also the ship itself has an extra missile evasion bonus.)

-----------------------------------------------

I like all solutions and I like to vary the setup.

So, what about switch where you can enter a fixed wd size?

fe. /wd=x and 1<x<500

dirt-bag

Postby dirt-bag » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:32 pm

LB suggested to me, an idea which i really liked. that warp dissapators have a range based on ship size. so a frigate with a small warp dissapator has a comparatively small range, while a titan with a warp diss might affect the whole map.

siron

Postby siron » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:15 pm

LB suggested to me, an idea which i really liked. that warp dissapators have a range based on ship size. so a frigate with a small warp dissapator has a comparatively small range, while a titan with a warp diss might affect the whole map.
Of course, thats also a nice idea to solve this problem. Even more tactics on the battlefield.

StepNRazor

Postby StepNRazor » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:43 am

Fixing a base size sort of negates miniturizeation.
So perhaps make it's initail size huge! so big you cant stuff it in a bb or can just barely make it fit with bp's and nothing else. now miniturization take affect and you can eventualy add auggies, then hull, and way down the line it fits in a CA with other mods's. As with other miniturization it would have a point were it wont reduce any more.
So define this size wiether it is a size to big to fit in a DD striped down to bp's or a CA with some mods. this can be somewhat exerimentewd on useing some of the current ship equipment.
Next define a tech point in which miniturizeation no longer decreases, like lzrs stop as subspace in minitureization. So define a tech where miniturizations for WD stops in the sheild tech tree.

siron

Postby siron » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:20 pm

Next define a tech point in which miniturizeation no longer decreases, like lzrs stop as subspace in minitureization. So define a tech where miniturizations for WD stops in the sheild tech tree.
@ Miniaturization

Details are here: http://members.fortunecity.de/wurzel/ho ... ml#3.1.4.2

There are 5 Miniaturizations with respect to the warp diss (like all other specials which you can miniaturize). And the WDs have then 40% of its initial space.

StepNRazor

Postby StepNRazor » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:53 am

Thanks Siron.

So now we find initail size to make a Warp Disp so when all miniturization is applied, 40% of original size, it will be greater than a DD witrh BP's.
DD with BP's = 90 space
DD with BP's and MegaFluxers = 105

So if you want to totaly exclude it from the DD ship class, need to have initail size of WD = 270 space. If you want to allow a MegaFluxed DD to use WD then set initial size of WD to 250 Space.
270*.4 = 108
250*.4 = 100
So disableing a WD from DD is now possible and miniturization still works so the CA+ ship class can have other mods and/or speed and ship def.

Ship Spaces:
Non MegaFluxed Ships
......Non BP With BP
FF 25 37
DD 60 90
CA 120 180
BB 250 375

MegaFlexed Ships
......Non BP With BP
FF 31 43
DD 75 105
CA 150 210
BB 312 437

siron

Postby siron » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:55 am

OK. Now we can calculate but whats your suggestion? :P

StepNRazor

Postby StepNRazor » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:31 am

setting the intail size of warp dissapater to 270 spaces.

siron

Postby siron » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:44 pm

In one of my previous mods I had WD at 275. Thats actually an old proposal from Cyber - Just WD with rhull and augeng fits in a battlepods bb.

In this case it is just a defensive weapon for starbases.

Recently...I take quite often C3 in regular moo...so I felt that such an space increase is a bit too strong imho. Therefore I reduced it in DCb3 to 130. But not sure about an appropriate value at moment.

Return to “Suggestions”