Hiding scores, RP on main screen etc

Suggest or Vote on new features here.
yurop
Hiding scores, RP on main screen etc

Postby yurop » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:50 am

Hi!

We are playing hot-seat games and we don't like that we can see each other score. An other problem: if a battle occurs between two turns It is possible to accidentally spot the other players systems, research points etc.
Is there a solution for this problem? (disabling some info from the screen)

siron

Postby siron » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:21 pm

And you cant play a network game? In a LAN or with kali?

I doubt there are many hotseat players...

Brent15

Re: Hiding scores, RP on main screen etc

Postby Brent15 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:41 pm

An other problem: if a battle occurs between two turns It is possible to accidentally spot the other players systems, research points etc.
Is there a solution for this problem? (disabling some info from the screen)
Yea, Ive had this problem too. I don't think there is a fix for it here. It's just one of the problems with the Hotseat feature.

yurop

Postby yurop » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:56 am

And you cant play a network game? In a LAN or with kali?...
I've no internet connection at home. We could play LAN (with a notebook), we've tried but under windows xp it is tooo slow. Unfourtanetly i couldn't make connection under dos mode. I can launch the 1.31 dos version in winxp but not the 1.4. Is there an easy step by step somewhere? :)
I doubt there are many hotseat players...
I've one friend..

siron

Postby siron » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:13 am

Is there an easy step by step somewhere?
http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2004 ... chive.html

Steps 3-5 there. Then point 11 mentions the most common errors. Most important commfailure...you find a link to LBs LAN setup (ipx entries in the autoexec etc.).
I can launch the 1.31 dos version in winxp but not the 1.4.
Any error message? After patching with 1.4 you should also be able to play 1.31 dos in a LAN. (the rkernel.com file is fixed)
I've one friend..
Hmmm....yes....and I doubt there are many others. I just know seppel who also use hotseat with his buddies. Since there are so many other things...I don't think a hotseat issue should be a priority.

TheDS

Postby TheDS » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:26 am

Even today, not everyone can afford multiple computers. Denying that hotseat players exist is like denying that the sun still shines at night. Sure, this is your community and there's not a whole lot of choice or voice for us offline people (and plenty who've never even heard of you who don't know what they're missing), so you can do whatever you want, but if there's a simple fix for this issue, you'd bring some joy into these guys' lives, and who knows, maybe after hanging around a while, they might take the plunge, or they might bring more friends to the party who DO like online play.
Why do they get to attack me without war being declared, but I can't do the same?

Return to “Suggestions”