Commandline Starting Planets

Suggest or Vote on new features here.
Zyraen
Commandline Starting Planets

Postby Zyraen » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:57 pm

I was just playing around with the latest great version of MOO2, then I realised a few things.

Along the lines of Goodstart/Richstart and Hugestart command line options, might it be a good idea to include the following switch.

/TerraStart /GaiaStart

Why? Getting an Rich Terran and a Rich Radiated makes a LOT of difference. From a few attempts, I even rather go with Richstart over Goodstart (ultra-rich) in view that I have a hugely better chance of getting a planet that can house a larger population that can be extremely productive.

Another possible option is /nogaia, such that there's no Gaia planet that is unguarded by a monster / in starting System.
This prevents a possibly unbalancing effect - a Large/Huge Gaia planet in your starting System (especially if you play Organic Rich) is a significant early advantage unless you're a Lithovore / Aquatic

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:34 am

Use new version of mapgen program, it includes everything you pointed:

- trichhw makes 1st planet rich
- tgoodhw makes 1st planet rich huge and terran
- tgaia - makes 5th planet small poor gaia for subt and no capacity race or med poor terran for aqua or tolerant race;
additinally there are fixedhw and flathw commands as well as many others; more information and how to use could be foundhere

download mapgen program from here

Zyraen

Postby Zyraen » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:31 am

Thank you! :) I'll go home and try it out

Return to “Suggestions”