Connection / Lag

How-to and support discussion for game play over internet.
ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:49 am

The one who create a lobby isn´t the "host". The "host" in that case would be kali, or not ?!?! :?:

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Postby Lord Brazen » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:37 am

The one who create a lobby isn´t the "host". The "host" in that case would be kali, or not ?!?! :?:
The Kali server would be the host then. Do /games when somebody is playing a lobby game. You will see them there.
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:00 pm

Yo kali host is very good. X-Ways have much less lag. I would say we should play all games there ... !

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:49 pm

I made a test.

4way with the same guys under same settings.

1st time over lobby, it took 54 seconds to send all chunks.

2nd time over server, it took 94 seconds to send all chunk.

We should test a bit more ... bcos much xways dieing cos of lag.

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:33 pm

I emaild jay cotton (KALI software designer).

He said that lobby games have an "...advanced networking code and usually does provide a better game...".

Also we should try out the "extra packets" on gamelobbies
"This option can cause Kali to send duplicate packets for games that tend to behave poorly when packets get dropped on the Internet (common on some connections), but at the expense of using more bandwidth (not a problem with most broadband connections, but can be too much for a dial-up)."

Lag doesn´t depend on kali, it depends on the connections the players have to each other.
"None of the actual game play on Kali goes through the servers and is thus only affected by your connections to each other, not by your connection to the Kali server or the load on the servers."

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:55 am

I played with Bork yesterday. I created Lobby with extra packet set to 1. The game loaded pretty fast. I know it's only 1 vs 1 but this looks promissing . More tests today :)

Gusset

Postby Gusset » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:03 pm

I played with Bork yesterday. I created Lobby with extra packet set to 1. The game loaded pretty fast. I know it's only 1 vs 1 but this looks promissing . More tests today :)
Bork is back?!?!? If true, that's awesome!

siron

Postby siron » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:22 pm

Hehe...I spammed a bit because of our tourney. (I.e. I tried to contact some inactive players.)

Some moo3 board admin was able to give me Bork's registration e-mail. Thanks to budee and futurist who pointed out that Bork posted there.

Return to “Internet games”