My dilemma

How-to and support discussion for game play over internet.
wohlstadter
My dilemma

Postby wohlstadter » Thu May 11, 2006 3:41 pm

I put this same post up on Kali.net under the support section entitled "Moo2..and getting my connection to work on Kali..PLZ HELP"
..I figured the more help the better..?

Ok here is my situation.

I really do want to play MOO2 online very bad. I have been trying to figure out this problem with my connection to Kali for quite some time on and off cause of school. I am on the kali network known as statz frequently logging on and off due to issues with me connecting. I have three computers max at my house. 2 on a wireless for family and 1 directly hard wired to the cable which is my connection. My internet that I use is comcast. I will be attaching some screenshots and you guys can tell me what you think.

Ok here are my setting on my router for my comcast home networking..As you can see I have my ports forwarded on both TCP and UDP. Should be no problem.

Here is my setting for Kali..My setting look right don't they...? Help if not

Here are my other setting for my NAT

My first screen..when connecting..

This is my first screen I go through. I think I get connected to the master server...Sorry for the big images..I really just want to fix this problem though..It's been a pain in my ass for a long time.

Ok heres my 2nd screen..

Is this a normal screen I get? I do have my norton firewall on but when turned off it still comes up. My norton asked me when I first loaded this up if it was ok for it to pass through and off course I marked always recommend..I would like to go away...

Heres my 3rd screen I get when trying to connect to a chatserver for moo2..I believe its 138?...

Ok....the first little screen on top of the other..that says the tracker is unable to connect...which is total crap..I have the right setting I believe as you can see in the ss I posted above..I emailed Jay and he said that tracker was right. and whats this with my internet port changing?!?! I am confused..I believe I followed a lot of steps..doesn't make sense to me..anyone here can help me..? PLZ!!!!!! :D

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Re: My dilemma

Postby Lord Brazen » Thu May 11, 2006 7:56 pm

As you can see I have my ports forwarded on both TCP and UDP. Should be no problem.

I see from this screen that you have forwarded port 2213 (the others are not needed) correctly. You also need to OPEN the port 2213. It should be on Port Blocking section (the link at the top there) of this screen. Did you open it?
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

wohlstadter

Postby wohlstadter » Thu May 11, 2006 9:20 pm

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was the router in the end.

COMCAST sells wack routers with bad software on them.

Go out and buy your own router and do not use the one they give you!!!

Return to “Internet games”