FUN X-WAYS -=REPORTS=-

How-to and support discussion for game play over internet.
ALEX|D
FUN X-WAYS -=REPORTS=-

Postby ALEX|D » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:04 am

I had the idea to report all games around kali
Further we should report all games, maybe in a different thread or so.
The idea of reportin all games is that others can read, how the game was, everyone can put some comments ... ! These games wouldn´t count to team scores, they would only be reported.
viewtopic.php?t=156

Yesterday Cab me and Tommynator played a 3way with Teamspeak ( http://goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads ) support. It worked well and during Battles we had the advantage to save a bit time by saying "I just retreated", "Do u hit done on all ships ?" etc.
Further during a battle (me and cab) tommynator said "I think we crashed" me and cab answered "We r still fighting", then tommynator said "I rebootet my system 1 min ago" :shock: !

The game:

Code: Select all

orion2v140.exe /nobh /nosplint /planets=4 /minstart /nowh /skipintro /noreport bans: tol, omni large orga noant noran avrgtech

ALEX (uniaquasub prod | -sd -gc rep) CAB (uniaqua prod lrhw so +20 | -spy rep) TOMMY (uniaqua prod+2 lrhw | -sd -gc rep)
I got 3 tundras ng med/large poor/avrg in HW, and a system with 3 ng tox/rad small/med planets. Some later I found a TERRAN HUGE URICH SPLINTER :twisted: behind a crystal. So I techd up to cloners > supers > robos > merc, then I took the crystal. I techd further to atmossphere > C III then me and cab met each other. He bombed my last settled planet with FFs :? then our BBs (nuk BB vs nuk BB) arrived at the system, he attacked and moved this BB up to my BB + 4 FFs. He shot at all Ships, I moved my BB a bit and then I moved my FFs near to the missiles which would hit my BB, I selfdestrucd 3 FFs, then I was able to move my BB to the border to his BB, under some damage. I destroyed his BB while my survived. We called the game (the TERRAN HUGE URICH produced ~700PP each turn).

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:23 pm

large avrg, no bans, usuall cmd line with WH.

ALEX|D: unitol prod -sd -gc rep hoover: uni tele trans lrhw -sd -gc rep zeedlings: uni tele aqua rhw -spy rep lars: unitol so+50 brent: uni aqua lrhw prod omni
My HW was superb (urich ng). I needed to OP and found 2 further systems. After I build a cship around t30 and met hoover. He attacked my empty FF on WHs end, he shot all Interceptors and he wasnt able to kill my FF. So he needed to retreat 8t during a nebula. I techd "normal" to rlabs and afacts, later he attacked again with same ships. He attackd my HW with 1 CC 1 FF. He moved his fleet and my empty FFs were in range, so I moved my FFs between his ships and made selfdestruction. The last FF made 9 damage so he surrvived the battle with 5 structure points and took my HW. I gambeld tooo high and that was my decline. I stayed in the game with 10pop, hoover attacked my colony but this time my selfdestruction strategy worked and he lost 2CC 1DD 1FF and his leaders. Later ~t75 he attacked with 1 BB 2 CC and took my colony, then I left the game to go AI.

Brent15

Postby Brent15 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:39 pm

Same game as above ^

large avrg, no bans, usuall cmd line with WH.

ALEX|D: unitol prod -sd -gc rep hoover: uni tele trans lrhw -sd -gc rep zeedlings: uni tele aqua rhw -spy rep lars: unitol so+50 brent: uni aqua lrhw prod omni
This was a really fun game for me. Oh yea, well it is MOO :D . Anyhow, I was in the middle of the galaxy slightly to the left of the map toward Zirkahn and Alex|D. I was omni so I checked everyones stats on the first few turns. I knew the middle was a disadvantaged position because contact with three of the four players could be very quick. There were only two wormholes. Both linked close to Alex|D, who also happened to make contact with me very early after using an outpost for his first colony ship. Larsman had the most isolated position in an opposite corner without any wormholes.

I made a verbal non-aggression pact with Alex until turn 100. This was very advantageous to both of us, even though Alex probably did'nt realize it yet. Hoover had a CC (cruiser) by about turn 20 and was headed for a wormhole right next to Alex's home world. Alex continued to expand and had a third system slightly before Hoovers attack mentioned in Alex's post above.

In the meantime I set my sight on Zirkahn, who (although I did not want an early war with) was telepathic and seemed to be posing for a blitz(he only had two systems but they were rich). I had an excellent sector but neglected to take a third system in favor of a quick defense. I did all war-tech, heavy armor, tritanium, fighterbays, ect. However, by turn 60 Zirkahn seemed to be waiting things out. . .not having made any contact. Hoover on the other hand, began making strides against Alex and started after Alex's colony near me.

Alex had wiped out Hoovers first fleet after Alex lost his home world, so I felt confident I had time to rush to supercomputer before building my BB (Battleship). Zirkahn still only had three frigates. This was a fatal mistake: Hoover quickly pumped out a Laser BB, two missile CCs, and a DD fighter carrier. I only had one nicely decked CC. I sent it off to be refit with Tritanium armor as soon as I saw Alex was going down. However, the colony that needed guarding did not have a Starbase to refit it...it had to be sent back.

Before I could get my laser CC refit. . .my colony was gone: Hoover was also telepathic. His BB quickly destroyed my three Laser Frigates. I managed to pump out another decked out CC. He attacked my homeworld around turn 80. . .I was toasted. My cruiser's were vastly overwhelmed by his firepower and he managed to keep taking my undefended planets, and destroyed one of my CCs in the first round(although I didn't see it get destroyed in combat, it retreated: may be a bug). It was lost for me at that point.

Very fun game guys. When is the rematch :twisted:

HooverDamned

Addendum -- the rest of the 5 way

Postby HooverDamned » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:49 am

This was my first game using uni, tele, trans-d, LRHW -- and it rocked. It's like getting creative for free. By the war with Lars, I had dauntless & RL, hvy armor & auto factories, C3 & WD, positronic & psc..

Alex's defense was brilliant. I accepted the 8t retreat once I realized I couldn't hit him. But on round two, it was a very tedious trapping his super mobile empty frigates. Having proved I could kill them, his retreat would have saved the other players a long wait. Round three, however, surprised me so much I lost my nav and fighter leaders -- my whole fleet! I expected missles on his part, I got a face full of Aug Ion overload.

After Brent, I had the choice of finding Lars or attacking Zir. Zir had made an interesting choice: uni aqua prod TELE?! But rather than attack, he camped in two systems. Was this a 6 point anti-blitz defense?

Anyhow, the choice was made easy. Flux struck the universe! Did I mention I was trans-d? I left Z to sit in the corner, expecting to find C7 and gauss when I got back. I found Lars in the corner with some very nice planets. Unfortunately, he couldn't assemble a defense due to the flux. Brent and Alex's races though were already pushing out a stream of BBs, so the flux only made it easier.

I finally came back to Z to find only C3 mass drivers and fighter garrisons. What had seemed like a looong game, really only took us to ~110t. But by that time, I was pumping out lots of fully teched BBs. There wasn't much he could do to stop my scorching his tele colonies.

Well, sorry for rambling post, but this was my first x way win. It feels nice. :) Happy new year!

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:30 am

Alex's defense was brilliant.
The first time my empty FF saved me yes, but on ur 2nd attemp I was too stingy to build a fleet which could kill ur CC. And then the try to kill ur CC, by self destruction FFs, was a too high risk and a HUGE mistake. I was a too huge minimalist this time :oops: ... and I got the bill for that :roll: !

Larsman

Postby Larsman » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:26 am

Setup:
large avrg, no bans,
usuall cmd line with WH.

Player Setup:
ALEX|D: unitol prod -sd -gc rep
hoover: uni tele trans lrhw -sd -gc rep
zeedlings: uni tele aqua rhw -spy rep
brent: uni aqua lrhw prod omni
lars: unitol so+50

I had a very good start for my race. Rich, 8 pop in home, helped to build up my colony bases very quickly. Second system got natives, and i found kronos, the omniscent leader.
Now i saw what went around, and my empire was growing fast.

I decided to concentrate on teching, cause of my omniscence now.

I saw Hoover coming after defeating Brent. He was going forward to my corner. So i started to build 4 BBs on my uriches, ready in less then 8 turns.

But then my mess: Galaxy Flux!!!, and i couldnt move my fleet :shock: , and transdimensional Hoover was coming.

I managed to build 5 ccs before he arrived, but only on different systems.
It was hard for me to realize, that 2-3 of my ccs would be enough to defend against his 3 laser bbs and 3 nuka ccs ( 125 defense to 90 offense, and i had class III shield).

So I went ai after he took over two of my systems.

Congrats Hoover, took all your chances and won, perfect!!!

StepNRazor

Postby StepNRazor » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:34 pm

New years eve game:
Sky, Siron, Brent, Step
Switches /nowh /nobh /nosplint /minstart /noorion /planets=4 /noreport

We conceeded this game to Sky he was a big unitol that was eating Brent. I had 7 sys and no contact with anyone trit armor, I had no monster so felt the judment of the others was prolly a wise decesion.

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:02 am

orion2v140.exe /nobh /nosplint /planets=5 /nowh /skipintro /noreport bans: tol large orga noant noran avrgtech

ALEX|D: uniaqua prod+2 lrhw | -sd -gc rep Skybandit: uniaquasub prod | -sd -gc rep Budee: uniaquasub prod | -sd -gc rep Nalla: Uniaqua prod1 popgrowth rhw | -spy
We all got ~normal Systems, but I got 2 superb prod-leaders on t5 and t20. I got a urich ng gaia large 4parsec away from home, protected by a Crystal. I took that crystal around t50 with 8 fighter FFs. This urich + my prod leader gave me a huge amount of prod, very early in game. I could build some cships and was teching fast too. After a crash on t94 we calld the game, I was leading on on all graphs ... !

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:27 pm

orion2v140.exe /nobh /nosplint /planets=5 /nowh /skipintro /noreport bans: tol large orga noant noran avrgtech

ALEX|D: uniaqua prod+2 lrhw | -sd -gc rep Siron(later JB): DemoLith arti | -popgrowth rep Cab: uniaqua prod1 WL so+20 | -sd -gc rep Brent: uniaqua prod+1 lrahw | -sd -gc rep Ubershank: unisub prod2 rhw | -popgrowth rep
My HW was okay and my neighbourhood bad. But I had a crystal, 4parsec from HW, with a rich ng ocean med and a huge rich HG terran ... ! I faild on 1st attemp to kill crystal with 8FFs :? around t50 ! 5t later I was succesful with 9 FFs. I also got a huge urich HG arid behind a amoeba. I got supers on t80 :( ! In meantime cab took a crystal, attacked siron and overtook uber´s race. I was teching at my side and got much pop. Later cab took brent too. Siron gtg about t95, or so. JB took his part. As I met the demolith one I was lucky to steal CIII, further I found cyberlink on arti and stole fusion rifle and internal stabs. In the end I met cab in ~t115, we met in middle of map. Cab shot my leader BB in 1st turn immobile, with his posicomps MD fleet. I couldn´t defend his attack and gave up ... !

GG

... we played via kali game lobby and our connection was very well ... !

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:46 pm

Some comment about the game above... I had quite poor start, (had to op and build aditional ff), so i teched autofact in t 44 (!!) also my monster (taken in about t 60) was hg planet, then i met Siron. Tried to attack him but he defended nicely and i had luck losing just all ff and one dd...I think alex overacted giving up that game.. he didn't know i still had no supercomp and robos ( t121 !!), despite i conquered Uber and Brent (about 15 planets) i didn't loot these techs... I also had to refit my fleet, so Alex would have time to catch a breath. I had no cleaner facilities so my economy and research suffered... heh, very interesting and unusual game imho :)

siron

Postby siron » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:27 pm

I am surprised that Cab won. I thought Alex or JB would win (depending on Cabs next main target.) When one of them had Class5Shield by that turn (and I thought JB could have it) Cab would have a big problem.

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:54 pm

I think alex overacted giving up that game
Well I had 3 BB but far dispersed and had needed 4turns to get them into 1 fleet. Cabs fleet was 1t from my systems away and could easily run through my empire for some turns without any fear to be stopd by anything. I had already zort cIII w/o rhull ...
I also had to refit my fleet, so Alex would have time to catch a breath.
but all I would do would take too long to recover that invasion/shellfire in a good way. I still got chances but they were low, maybe JB could do it in the end ... .
I wouldn´t felt satisfied winning that game, cos I was to incompetently to kill a monster in 1st trying -.- ... :wink:
---
Further it was 4am for me and I got only few hours to sleep. Today on work it was amazing, we r usually 2-3 men in our department, but today I was alone, and I got from 9:30 up to 19:00 the whole time a huge amount of customers without interrupts expect lunch break 13-14 ... better I had used to sleep more than playing that long :twisted: !

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:56 pm

Larsman: UniTol prod1 | -sd -gc rep
ALEX|D: Uniaqua prod1 lhw trans | -sd -gc rep
Nexus: uni prod crea so+20 | -tax -gc -spy
===============
Large orga avrg
no bans
===============
orion2v140.exe /nobh /nosplint /planets=4/skipintro /noreport /nowh /noscan
===============

I got a avrg start and an amoeba in range with a swap large urich ng splinter. I took amoeby about t55. Later as I met lars he was invading nexus. Lars was ahead on graphs. I tryd an invasion with fighters but it was thrown back by lars. I techd to zort and attackd him with mercs ... on battle I destroyd 1 BB ... but I needed to retreat ... 2t later my fleet was back and got him ... after a crash we agreed to cancel the game and start a new 4way ... !

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:31 am

Cab: Uniaqual prod1 so+20 lrhw | -spy
ALEX|D: Uniaqua prod2 lrhw | -sd -gc rep
Brent: uniaqua prod lrahw | -sd -gc rep
===============
Large orga avrg
bans : tol omni warlord

===============
orion2v140.exe /nobh /nosplint /planets=4/skipintro /minstart /noreport /noscan
===============

My HW was okay ... my 1st was not well ... after scouting and deuts I found 2 systems with each a wet + avrg stuff, but I needed 5-6t to transfer my pop throught the galaxy. I headed for supers robos ... on ~t85 I scrapped most of my cloners (no space to grow) :? ... Cab attackd with 3 BB about ~t95 and I wasn´t able to build any defences ... cab eat me totally ... in meantime brent build his empire but couldn´t stop cab. This game I was only a spectator with no options.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:37 am

Comment to above.
I had bad HW: two 1 pop tinies, so I complained on TS ;). But later i found small urich tundra with gems, 2 urich natives monsters guarded by dragons and two other good systems (huge arid and 4 planetary with riches hg).So i settled 2 unguarded systems , went for polproc, took and settled both monsters before t 70. (I had many planets and was housing at 8 or 9 of them so even without cloners and robos had 110 pop in t 100 :D) I moved pop at monsters went for b.scanner and ion drive and started to build bb. I attacked Alex with 3 bb, took one system but had to refit my bb ( i left place for augies. but forgott to put it there lol) when i got back i had 6 and 2 bb(splitted) at t 120 (!!) ( nukes and fusions). Alex blow up his fleet and i looted antimatter drive and robos. I went toward Brent. Two turns later we had final fight. Brent had two zorted bb and some small ships. I was able to shoot down all merc. missles so game was over. I won't complain for bad starts anymore because Alex had real crapp around, and said nothing about it.

Return to “Internet games”