Lan game, IPX, protocol forwarding?

Discussion of how to play Master of Orion II over a LAN.
Smatthew
Lan game, IPX, protocol forwarding?

Postby Smatthew » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:08 pm

Hello-
Have started picking up my MOO2 habit again and my brother and myself are having a hard time getting everything going. I am using the dobox that Siron has up on the dosbox guild using dosbox 72. Game starts up fine, plays fine but we havent been able to establish a connection yet. We both use win xp home so I would assume that we dont have the ipx protocol set up right.

Here's my set up as host with listed ip:

mount c c:\mps\orion2
c:

#ipxnet connect 216.161.221.90
#ipxnet startserver

Have read this and the link on that post:
Moo2v140 LAN games under Windows XP Pro
In order to play LAN games of Master of Orion II v1.40 on Windows XP Pro, you will need to follow the regular Installation on Windows XP instructions. NWLINK IPX/SPX/NetBIOS network protocal will also need to be installed.

After the IPX protocal has been installed, you will need to edit the c:\windows\system32\autoexec2.nt file and change as shown below. The lines in bold will need to be added and the lines referring to Kali should be removed to avoid conflict.
Wha?

Which leads me to believe I need to download Novell client... is this still how things are done? Bare with me here as Ive had a bugger time here getting my brother on the same page and myself for that matter..lol.

[/quote]

Smatthew

TYVM

Postby Smatthew » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:54 pm

All taken care of thanks to Siron and PK. Setting up the port forwarding fixed up the connection.

Return to “LAN games”