Empty Game List

Discussion of how to play Master of Orion II over a LAN.
Duck
Empty Game List

Postby Duck » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:11 am

Sorry for my english, i am from Ukraine.

I'm tring to connect two comp, for MP game. With help of this forum i'm fix most problem with game:
- apply patch 1.40b23, - fine now single plaing work fine
- download rkernel.com and dosx_sp1.exe and modify autoexec.nt2 as write Lord Brazens. Now i can start MP game without -comm failure-, initialize network bypass and i see 1 human connecting to the game - ok
!!! But, other comp see empty game list, when trying join to the network game. :cry:

I can't play Kali, but it's good idea to play with friends on the local. If you know solve of this problem, plz help me.

ps. IPX protocol installed, comp ping each other well and firewall are poweroff

Thanks

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:01 am

Install and configure dosbox http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2006 ... guide.html we all use it atm.... And welcome to our forum :)

Duck

Postby Duck » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:33 am

Thanks, i'm install DosBox and connected comp with this programm, but game work more slower then dos session on the XP.
In the guide on dosbox is part, how to create MP game:
ipxnet startserver -- dosbox.conf file
if this string add to the autoexec2.nt, after inisializing dos net support

%SystemRoot%\System32\nw16
%SystemRoot%\System32\vwipxspx
ipxnet startserver

the problem will be fixed and without dosbox. Great, now we can use lan for gaming MO2 :D

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:54 pm

Thanks, i'm install DosBox and connected comp with this programm, but game work more slower then dos session on the XP
...you have to edit few lines in dosbox.conf file to improve performance ( described in dosbox guide). Good you have solved your problem without dosbox. But if you want to play with more opponents than just your friends, dosbox will be neccessary. You can meet other MOO2 freaks on IRC MOO2 channel...or join form here http://lordbrazen.blogspot.com/

Return to “LAN games”