Help me please.

Discussion of how to play Master of Orion II over a LAN.
Liquid008
Help me please.

Postby Liquid008 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:25 am

I would like to get into playing this wonderful game online. However I would like to play against my own family without having to use hotseat first. I have spent the last two months or so looking online for a simple way to do this. We have two computers that have the game installed one operating system is Windows Vista, the other is Windows 7. both have the same game installed I bought it from Steam and put it on both computers. I have no idea what version or patch it is. We all love this game and would like to be able to play one another without having to use the hotseat all the time. Both computers are hooked to the internet via the same router. I have no idea how to follow any thing I have read thus far on the net. I am not very savvy when it comes to computer programs or any thing to do with them really. So if anyone could explain easily how to set it up so we can play machine vs machine it would be greatly appreciated. After the family has had a chance to play each other that way, we will try and gravitate towards online play vs all of you. That I can't wait for. Pardon the punctuations.

pk-warmoo

Re: Help me please.

Postby pk-warmoo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:03 am

Hi,

Here are what you need:

1. turn off windows firewall on both computers.
2. install dosbox and configure it for game.
3. computers which are attached to same router must have same address group like: 192.168.1.X
4. run orion and choose multiplayer network game
5. make a game and join from other pc.

Thanks all. Good luck!
Regards,

PK

pk@warmoo.com / http://www.warmoo.com- new WarMoo Mod for Orion!

Return to “LAN games”