Lan games using special hamachi program.

Discussion of how to play Master of Orion II over a LAN.
PK
Lan games using special hamachi program.

Postby PK » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:36 am

Some players cant play using kali and dos orion2v140.exe . Dont loose hope guys! Now its possible to play orion95 under hamachi. My polish friends tested it and all went ok. Game had NO LAGS! I dont know all details but after installing hamachi program, net should be done and other player must join. IPX protocol should be on only on hamachi and sharing must be on also.

Look here: http://www.hamachi.cc/download

Plz give me some informations if you make it working too!
PK

Retsia

Postby Retsia » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:56 pm

How does this work?

Retsia

Postby Retsia » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:15 am

So?

siron

Postby siron » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:16 pm

AFAIK Cab and PK have tried it....but dunno details, mebbe they could add it here.

I doubt that PKs friends played the win version without lags. I remember my old LANs in the 90's. Even they had lags.

Moo2 was simply developed for DOS. They made it compatible with the brandnew windows....but some parts like the Multiplayer support have unsolved problems IMHO.

Logan

Postby Logan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:22 pm

Okay,

Hamachi basically emulates a LAN over the internet. I'm not sure about speeds, but i'd be happy to test Moo2 95 over it with someone :D

I could use the tactical strain.

Tomsik

Postby Tomsik » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:58 am

I have problem with hamachi, when i want to host MOO II game i get "comm failure", i found solution(http://forums.hamachi.cc/viewtopic.php? ... light=moo2) on official forums, but i don't understand what i should do. :(

Logan

Postby Logan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:22 am

This may not be MOO2, but Tomsik and i tested WC3 on Hamachi, and it runs well. This is surprising since we're on opposite sides of the planet, and i'm running 56k.

Retsia

Postby Retsia » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:01 pm

But there is a security issue. How do I know that one of you is not an exploitative hacker that when I run himachi with one of you a Trojan horse might be implanted into my computer, or worse...

By the way...I do not wish to offend anyone by labeling you all hackers...I am simply curious as to the fact that Himachi opens a gateway to your comuter, files and etc......it is a risk.

But I am willing to trust anyone who testifies negative.

Tomsik

Postby Tomsik » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:40 pm

You i think have to trust that person, but you're right, that can be dangerous.

pkrcel

Postby pkrcel » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:48 am

Well, some time AGO me and a couple of buddies tried out Hamachi for a completely different matter, I completely trusted the two guys which I know PERSONALLY, and well, in the end since I had to open a port on the firewall to have hamachi work I ended up infected by the old-too-old w32.tenga virus.....maybe just a coincidence, who knows....but It was amazing that was only ME and not any of the other two guys.

It was no prob removing the infection that was almost realtime detected...but....it seems that these LAN emulators really have security issues.

I also tried OpenVPN, and you know what? I got to find a Trojan the day after we tried openVPN...maybe it's just me....but...

Retsia

Postby Retsia » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:40 pm

Believe me...it is tempting to insert a Trojan into someone else...even if you know that person.

Brent15

Postby Brent15 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:21 pm

Believe me...it is tempting to insert a Trojan into someone else...even if you know that person.

:shock: :?: :? :shock: !!!!!!!

Retsia

Postby Retsia » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:48 am

Well...how should I explain...

First....it was a joke...

Second...if you are that type of a person...you will do that...that is not to say that I am...but if one analyzes a person of that psyche, one would find that the person has a psychological mania with looking into other people's computers and mess with them...it is quite narcotic, which is not to say that I do this, but I have seen it.

Oh...one more thing.... THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE LIKE THIS OUT THERE!

There...I hope I have relieved your shock, Brent.

Brent15

Postby Brent15 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:46 pm

Well...how should I explain...

First....it was a joke...

There...I hope I have relieved your shock, Brent.
Well, that is a relief. :)

But I still would think twice about giving you any access to my computer :P .

Retsia

Postby Retsia » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:27 pm

Oh....my.... what have I done? What have I done?

Disgrace...disgrace...someone have pity on me....on this carcass and its ferment.

Bid ye farewell then...

I am out forever!

Return to “LAN games”