MOO 1 ongoing

Discussion about Master of Orion (the first game in the series)
Causality
MOO 1 ongoing

Postby Causality » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 am

I played Psi on a large galaxy with 4 opponents on average. It took a while, but I am at the end stage of mopping up their planets with my large ship that is way more advanced than their stuff.

Has:
hard beam
graviton beam
stinger missle
hard beam
as well as:
auto repair
inertia stabilizer
Battle Scanner.

The graviton beam is cool the way it spreads out and takes out bunches of things.

Here is my question...

I get that the stinger missle runs out after 5 (or 10?) shots. That's fine. But the other 3 weapons are beam weapons and they should have unlimited shots.

When these cruisers run out of missles, they retreat to the back and just sit there.

I normally just let the "AUTO" function resolve all my battles for me. I'll learn that later...

But, if I pick a stack of these cruisers and force it to maneuver next to the planet (taking missle fire the whole way) then I can force it to use the beams at the planet.

I am not sure if I am doing this right, and I can usually get just on beam or the other to fire.

My problem is:

Why is this ship retreating in the first place when it has beams that can hit other ships as well as the surface of the planet. Something seems wrong.

They all act consistently in this same manner.

Most Curious,

S

Return to “Master of Orion”