Uncompetitive Beginner's Rally

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Anjin
Uncompetitive Beginner's Rally

Postby Anjin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:31 pm

Hey folks, :D

So I'm trying to set up a small beginner's group of players who are interested in learning to play online together in an uncompetitive environment and wondered if anyone else is interested. Post here if that's you, or else PM me and I'll give you my e-mail.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:40 am

There's no better way to learn than a game with an experienced player. (You save the game every 10 turns and study the saves after game).You gain more exp than 10 or more games vs rookie. But if you're so scared of losing several games at start, feel free to organize this Moo community underground :P.

Astax

Postby Astax » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Maybe he doesn't want to play competitively, he just wants to play how he likes and have fun.

Anjin

Postby Anjin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks Astax,

Yeah that's more the sentiment I was aiming for. You see, I've played the game to death against the computer, and I've read Cyber's online guide, but haven't ever had the chance to put it into practice, and I find joy in the discovery of my own style of play, even if it's inferior, to simply emulating the most powerful way of playing. I'm also a very casual gamer and spend at most 5 hours a week on my computer at home...

Return to “General Discussion”