Spaceciv is released under new name: Cosmic Supremacy!

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Astax
Spaceciv is released under new name: Cosmic Supremacy!

Postby Astax » Sat May 09, 2009 8:21 pm

http://cosmicsupremacy.com

This is a one man project which I followed for few years now. If you tried the BETA for this before be warned, lot has changed. Game is now a lot more complex, but it still maintains the moo2 feel. There are few more jobs for your citizens, like Banker and Miner. There are many new buildings and a lot of tech.

You can now customize your civilization using points and using DOCTRINES, which are researched in the tech tree.

The client is very robust 2 window model. One window for your galaxy view, the other for everything else. It is good design. The client is very small download. And the game is launched by goign tot he website and downloading a pass.

This game is MMO but there is a SP galaxy used for testing.

Shazzar

Postby Shazzar » Thu May 21, 2009 6:05 pm

yeah i played that during the beta (was still known as Space Civilizations at the time) and I thought it was pretty sweet. Its basically turn-based, but at set time intervals. (one hour for normal galaxies, 30 mins or less per turn for speed galaxies) and its one of those "easy to learn, difficult to master" games cause its easy to learn, but pretty deep when it comes to strategy.

It doesn't have "active" combat like in moo2, but then again it also has features that moo2 doesn't have. Overall I thought it was pretty fun.

rubbersocks

Postby rubbersocks » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:14 am

Thanks for that, I'll check it out! It sure looks promising at first glance, and the 3D galaxy is awesome!!

Time

Postby Time » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Yea, they sent me a "come back and try it again", email.
I played 4 games during the beta testing. It was well made then.
the map is a 6x6 grid, 2 layers deep, providing for 72 star systems, with 3-6 planets in each one. I saw roughly 25-35 players in each game. Great for when you want to have more players than a moo2 game will allow, but, less than one of the MMOs out there with 100s or 1000s of players in massive alliances.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Kadath

Postby Kadath » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:36 pm

This is an excellent game. Cosmic Supremacy is a must-try for any 4x addicts in general or MOO/Galactic Civ players specifically. The game is deep, offering the same sort of strategic options as available in Master of Orion while allowing you to challenge many other players online (I am currently in a galaxy with 42 other players!). The game maps are also 3D, which is great. The playerbase is steadily growing. I had no trouble jumping into a 42 person galaxy just 3 days after I completed the tutorial. New galaxies start all the time... at least weekly. I highly recommend giving this a try. -Kadath

Return to “General Discussion”