Praise

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Prospero
Praise

Postby Prospero » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:45 am

It is good to see that I am not the only who is still playing MOO2. That is of course a topic that has often been talked about, but I am still mad about this game. I have to praise it!

I got older, computers got faster, life went on. But Master of Orion II never lost its appeal. An old friend of mine - to whom I lost contact over the years - introduced me to this game. I still know the store where I bought it. First of course I was overwhelmed and though I would never would understand this game. In the end now this "old" game still knocks every other strategic game easily out. It raised the standarts very high and no other game could ever reach it.

Strange somehow. I am 27 years now and it would seem that playing this game has influenced my brain - I can not put my fingers off it.

However, I am glad to have found this forum.
Greetings.
In the end we will not only be judged by the things we accomplished, but the things we were not willing to destroy. (Sawhill)

Gilderan

Postby Gilderan » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:49 pm

I used to play this quite alot and stopped when I had problems running it on XP. Yesterday one of my old college buddies in New Zealand sent me a link to this site and guess what...hooked all over again now that I can run it on Vista.

zoetropo

Postby zoetropo » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:11 am

Of the many games I have owned, I always return to playing two: Master of Orion 2, and Brian Reynold's Alpha Centauri.

Why? The thrill of exploring a new map, encountering emergent threats, strategic planning, weapon systems design, the leisure of turn-based play and saved games, and unlimited replayability, enhanced by the ability to modify many aspects of the game.

Intelligent player forums are the icing on the cake.
"Androids don't pay poll tax." - Galactic Revenue Precept 142.17.

Gilderan

Postby Gilderan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:30 am

The copy of MOO 2 that I use was an old archive I had taken of my old PC. When I started playing it the other day, there were save games from 2002 still there!

It still does not lose its appeal and the work done on the DOS orion2.exe to make the multiplayer module more stable has been well done!

Return to “General Discussion”