new player looking for help

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
daeo
new player looking for help

Postby daeo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:14 pm

I'm a 23 year old student who recently, on a whim and pining to play my favorite game of all time, downloaded MOO2 off of thepiratebay.org and started playing quite religiously. In my attempts to beat the game on impossible setting, I came across the Kali MOO2 league and this forum, and I became very intrigued.

I would like very much to start playing MOO2 with other humans instead of computer AI, but I am blissfully unaware of which file I should download to get the dos version, and I have two problems with DOSBOX on my vista laptop(1 is I don't know how to use dos, 2 is that my \ key doesnt seem to be picked up by dosbox). I have an XP PC I could also play on if that fixes the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can respond in this thread or AIM me at itsmyduchy. Thanks~

Anjin

Postby Anjin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:14 am

Hey daeo, and welcome! I'm a relatively new player myself (online that is) and so I've had some of the same trouble. The only thing I can contribute to your problem is that running on XP might be easier. I only say this because mine works ok on XP despite my complete lack of techie knowledge. Were you trying to set it up using the guide?

http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2006 ... guide.html

He does mention that Vista users can play using Dosbox, but I don't know how the set-up process might be different. You can PM me if you'd like to set up a time I could walk you through the process, it's what Cyber Sabre did for me a couple of months ago so I feel obligated to pass on the favour. Besides, I'm looking to set up a kind of beginner's league because to be honest I'm a little intimidated to play with the big dogs on here just yet...

Anjin

Postby Anjin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:21 am

Oh I also just noticed this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=511

Does any of that sound like it might help your issue?

Return to “General Discussion”