Horizons - Online Space Conquest Game

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.

What do you think of this as the closest current MOO2 replacement?

Yes, It looks good
No votes
No, It is missing some Important elements
100%

Total votes: 2

Time
Horizons - Online Space Conquest Game

Postby Time » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:39 pm

Horizons seems to have some MOO2 elements, race creation, ship design.
I read of 4-5 Hull types.
There is an Aquatic, a Crystal type, a human type, an Organic ship user.
Lame graphics for the races, though. When I start seeing purple and blue races, instead of something based off a terran animal, I view it as too much fantasy, not enough reality.

No pop transports though, sad.
That is essential to growing any planet.
They want to start planets at 1,000/1,000,000,000 pop. (Ok, realistic) yet have no way of growing the population except through normal growth rates.

Fleets limited to a max of 10 ships, with apparantly huge costs involved, so as, to virtually eliminate multiple battleships in a fleet.

Races: http://www.l3o.com/horizon/alien-archives/
Home: http://www.l3o.com/

What do you think of this as the closest current MOO2 replacement?
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

c'g~

Postby c'g~ » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:39 am

Horizons would be really interesting game, if MoO-MoO2 wasn’t here already. It’s like with sports records – if U rich it but didn’t overcome it, Ur achievement would not counted like new record. They just were doing the same things, moreover skipping really important parts (for example Population transporting, forcing Pop growth, etc.)

But I will play in it, if only Horizons would present a really good old-new combat system (for me combat at Strategy Game is 66% of the whole Game, so…)

Gusset

Postby Gusset » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:57 pm

Thanks for the links, Time. I'd not heard of this project, and it sounds interesting.

Unfortunately, the FAQ says there is no multiplayer component. That's two strikes against it, IMHO.

If MOO2 or Space Empires players that I respect were to play it and give it a thumbs up, though, I'd probably be willing to give it a try.

Return to “General Discussion”