The Origin of the Orion

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.

What do you think?

It's good
33%
It sucks
No votes
Needs work
No votes
Other
67%

Total votes: 3

Matthew
The Origin of the Orion

Postby Matthew » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Time

Postby Time » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:37 pm

Like you said, it is fiction, it's good.
I suspect another is in the works, going into the races, and how they came to be.
:)

Also, I followed your link to The Orion Sector, then to Horizons homepage.
Horizons seems to have some MOO2 elements, race creation, ship design.
I read of 4-5 Hull types.
There is an Aquatic, a Crystal type, a human type, an Organic ship user.
Lame graphics for the races, though. When I start seeing purple and blue races, instead of something based off a terran animal, I view it as too much fantasy, not enough reality.

No pop transports though, sad.
That is essential to growing any planet.
They want to start planets at 1,000/1,000,000,000 pop. (Ok, realistic) yet have no way of growing the population except through normal growth rates.

Fleets limited to a max of 10 ships, with apparantly huge costs involved, so as, to virtually eliminate multiple battleships in a fleet.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:21 pm

Like you said, it is fiction, it's good.
I suspect another is in the works, going into the races, and how they came to be.
:)

Also, I followed your link to The Orion Sector, then to Horizons homepage.
Horizons seems to have some MOO2 elements, race creation, ship design.
I read of 4-5 Hull types.
There is an Aquatic, a Crystal type, a human type, an Organic ship user.
Lame graphics for the races, though. When I start seeing purple and blue races, instead of something based off a terran animal, I view it as too much fantasy, not enough reality.

No pop transports though, sad.
That is essential to growing any planet.
They want to start planets at 1,000/1,000,000,000 pop. (Ok, realistic) yet have no way of growing the population except through normal growth rates.

Fleets limited to a max of 10 ships, with apparantly huge costs involved, so as, to virtually eliminate multiple battleships in a fleet.
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't really checked out Horizon yet. Sounds interesting though.

c'g~

Postby c'g~ » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:34 am

Not bad – has some interesting features. But it’s not what people expecting, when they read the title “The origin of the Orion” (Bible for example has more reliable life born explanation <<it’s not religion agitation, it’s just sarcasm)

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:02 pm

Not bad – has some interesting features. But it’s not what people expecting, when they read the title “The origin of the Orion” (Bible for example has more reliable life born explanation <<it’s not religion agitation, it’s just sarcasm)
Thanks for the feedback. So what are you expecting? Also, I wrote a less spiritual version for people who don't believe in such things.

c'g~

Don't stop

Postby c'g~ » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:56 am

Thanks for the feedback. So what are you expecting? Also, I wrote a less spiritual version for people who don't believe in such things.
I concordant with Time:
I expected to hear something about Antarans, about Last Orion or creation of each Race in original universe of MoO2.
But it’s my vision of thing and no one said that yours is bad

U did a good, and interesting (in its own way) work. Don’t stop

Time

Postby Time » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Hey Matthew,
Did you write more?

Perhaps, a novel?
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:46 pm

Hey Matthew,
Did you write more?

Perhaps, a novel?
I've been doing some writing. My blog is still fairly active. Haven't played much MOO2 lately. Working on finding at a job at the moment.

Return to “General Discussion”