Space Dragon Crash

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Zaphod
Space Dragon Crash

Postby Zaphod » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:33 am

Hello! This has been my favorite game forever. Recently however, I am experiencing a crash every time I fight a Space Dragon in tactical combat. I am using version 1.31 of the game (orion95.exe)...

Any ideas how to fix this?

rewster1

Postby rewster1 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:21 am

I'm guessing you're probably playing on XP...
Try running the dos version... orion2.exe instead.
If that doesn't work, try running orion2 in dosbox...
http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2006 ... guide.html
and
http://lordbrazen.blogspot.com/
both have info for setting it up and tweaking it (every machine is different).

Zaphod

Postby Zaphod » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:45 am

I will try the dos version. I actually stumbled on this site looking for an easy way to force windowed mode for the full screen game LOL.

Zirkahn

Postby Zirkahn » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:26 pm

I am certain there is a bug in tactical combat against the space dragon. When it happens it can be reproduced. Similarly I think you can get past it depending on your available fleet. When I have seen this typically I have 6 of 7 mirved missle frigates remaining after the dragon advances and destroys one frigate on its first melee. The dragon has pd and no shields, but the shields would have been named (for convenience) N,E,S,W. During the first melee for my frigates they advance to point blank range, each frigate delivering 2 mirv missles, the game crash may occur (when it occurs, it is repeatable) by a frigate firing 2 mirv missles at point blank range at the corner between where dragon shield N & W would be.

v1.31 and 1.4b23

Return to “General Discussion”