What are *WE*?

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Tifi
What are *WE*?

Postby Tifi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:10 am

Humans.
We're a funny bunch, with all sorts of ideosyncracies and contradictions.

The Humans in MoO2 seem to me to be somewhat lacking in character.
Democracy + Charisma.

Charisma I can agree with as we have more than our fair share of exuberant silver-tongued people in just about every walk of life.
Democracy however, is a bit of a stretch as it's not exactly a widespread form of government (currently 0 countries governing through Democracy* :P ).

What do we Humans do? And what are we (sadly) getting very, very good at?
Yep... Fighting, War, Making stuff 'splode.

So with this in mind (and being reluctant to actually do any work *shudder*) I put together a new kind of Human using the MoO2 rules :)

Human v2
(0) Dictatorial Government
(3) Charisma
(3) Ship Defence +25
(2) Ship Attack +25
(2) Ground Combat +10
-----
(10)

How would you guys put together us Humans as we are now?

* Please don't start carping on about such-and-such a place being 'democratic' (TM), until every person votes on every issue in that country, its NOT a democracy - Plato said so :P

Buddenbrook

Postby Buddenbrook » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:25 pm

Currently my AI humans are Democracy+Creative+Charismatic+1.0BC+Fantastic Traders, and honorable industrialists (bit of optimism there) but they still don't do very well.

Proteus

Postby Proteus » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Okay, after reading these forums, I'll assume thread necro isn't a big issue here (you all just have very slow, thoughtful conversations :) ).

I gotta say, this is an interesting idea. Sort of like one I had for Master of Orion II while playing Civilization III, to govern my leaders and civilization by basing their policies and actions on a real-world government (or corporation) from history. Alt-Tabbing to websites like Wikipedia and Hyperhistory gives easy access to real empires. For imaginative players, at least, it could be a fun way to complicate diplomacy.

You could also actively ponder whether modern governments could fare well in interstellar politics. Would President Obama, President McCain, Prime Minister Brown, CEO Ballmer, or Emperor Hawking ( :idea: ) support better "domestic" policies in Sol? What would "foreign" policy look like? Would medical research be a priority? Would space industries and interstellar exploration/colonization quickly boom, or slowly crawl out of pre-warp?
Master of Orion II: Battle At Antares
Amazon (CD-ROM), Windows 95/DOS $10 / Macintosh $9
Atari (Download), PC $10
Or help support modders
MasterofOrion2 (CD-ROM), PC $20 / Mac $25

Return to “General Discussion”