Addicted Again

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Yxklyx
Addicted Again

Postby Yxklyx » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:54 pm

Been playing all weekend, single player. Started with some Average games which I won so moved to Hard. Lost a couple of games but finally won a couple. I like playing on the Huge maps. What's the Cluster setting all about in 1.4?

I thought the Sakkras would be hard to play but they get so much population that it compensates for the lack of research. I almost won the council - lost by 1 vote. Eventually won by defeating the Antareans. The Antareans were a major pain - they seemed to attack me every time because I had the most population.

I then played a custom race, Omniscient, Trans-dimensional, -10 Ground, Large Home, Lucky, Pre Warp. Due to Lucky I was never attacked by the Antareans. I expanded a bit then built a small mirv-nuc fleet to defeat a monster and get an awesome planet/system. I was neglecting ship offense and defense and the Bulrathi (with lvl 3 shields) declared war and attacked. I had one turn to prepare so I made some bad trades to get some weapons and shields and built 4 ships (4 colonies in the system) to add to my small fleet. The Bulrathi ran. I later won by council.

Does the AI trade with each other all the time? I find myself way back in the tech tree/graph even though it seems like I've been playing pretty optimally.

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:48 pm

My addiction to MOO2 comes and goes. Work and real-life are keeping me at away from playing as much at the moment.

I think the AI actions vary a lot from game to game depending on what types of personalities they have. There are times when most of them will trade often with each other and sometimes they rarely do at all. If you play a strong race pick they will quickly fall behind your growth curve and soon after your technology level. If you play one of the stock races they keep up for a longer time and you will see them do more trading.

The real challenge is playing online against the veterans.

marhawkman

Postby marhawkman » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:28 pm

I've been trying to build a sphereworld in SE5. :D

It's harder than I thought.

Return to “General Discussion”