cybernetic's not so bad

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Pryma
cybernetic's not so bad

Postby Pryma » Sun May 20, 2007 7:58 pm

Cybernetic can be useful.
From economic point of wiev it works good with aquatic (+5) and -1/2 farming (-3). When galaxy is set to OrgRich, then you don't have problems with food, (especialy that with hydroponic farm is enough for 4 pops).
With OVERALL cost of 6 points you have a race modification that give actually +1/2 of food (if U produce food U do it only on gaia, teran and ocean, don't you?); repairing bonus and aquatic - a lot of space to live. Of, course it's imperative to have at least +1 prod in this setting, but i think it's never a bad thing. There goes profit form cybernetic: it's always easier to create a prod unit than food unit. And really small amount of pops is needed for making food.
Repairing bonus is useful when you have defense bonus. Combined with internal stabilizer gives ships average armed but really difficult to defeat.Good mobility it gives makes possible very efficient use of shields.
It applies to earlier and middle phases of game, but it's useful when going on war quickly.

My proposition for a race:
-50 growth (-4)
-1/2 food (-3)
+1 prod (+3)
+1 science (+3)
Aquatic (+5)
Cybernetic (+4)
Ground combat - 10 (-2)
Ship Att +20 (+2)
Ship Def +25 (+3)
Poor HOme World (-1)

I assume that first planet is used mainly for research and farming. When Cloning Center gained, this setting givs a race taht is good enough bot in combat and economy, and it's not too vulnerable for spying by the way.There can be some porblems with ground combat, but it's a minor problem in comparison to anything else.

Of course I would i f i could use telepathy and creative, but it's banned, i'm right? It's no fun with it anyway.
........and Antares should be burnt

Phyrrus

Postby Phyrrus » Wed May 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Play singleplayer with UniTolProd+1 and DemoLithRes+1, then you'll see how unbalanced Moo2 is :)

for negative picks choose:
Repulsive (6)
Ground -20 (2)
Snip Def -20 (2)
"Quantity has a quality of its own" -Joseph Stalin

Time

Postby Time » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Or check out one of the cyber races I have posted elsewhere, if you are going to play one:

(6) Unification
(5) Aquatic
(3) Prod +1
(2) Rich HW
(4) Cyber

(-6) Repulsive
(-2) -10 Shp Def.
(-2) -10 Grnd Cmbt

Is usually the one I'd recommend.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

c'g~

Postby c'g~ » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:09 pm

(6) Unification
(5) Aquatic
(3) Prod +1
(2) Rich HW
(4) Cyber
I think the following setup can compete with it:

Tolerant (10)
+2 Production (6)
Cybernetic (4)

and Standard Minuses

About imbalances of MoO2 - of course Uni over 6 points it’s IMBA, so My solution:
Just play in MoO2 with Modifications, like EXPa Mod, Evo Mod, DC Mod (for more details visit viewforum.php?f=11&sid=deffb11dbee9a8bd358698adeec3f27e)

Lazamataz

Postby Lazamataz » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:18 pm

The race I can consistently kick ass with, is Creative, +2 science, and Artifacts home world. Start with a prewarp universe, and watch as you leave all other races in your dust.

TheDS

Postby TheDS » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:12 pm

I think you're crazy to mix Poor Homeworld with Cybernetic, unless you've got an advanced start where you already have worlds colonized. Cybernetics need to avoid Poor and UPoor worlds until they can capture some normals to put there.
Why do they get to attack me without war being declared, but I can't do the same?

Time

Postby Time » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:52 pm

(6) Unification
(5) Aquatic
(3) Prod +1
(2) Rich HW
(4) Cyber
I think the following setup can compete with it:

Tolerant (10)
+2 Production (6)
Cybernetic (4)

and Standard Minuses
It's true your production will be more efficient with this race, but, you will have to research soils fast.

On a planet that produces 2 food:
Your race would result in (2 food produced, x 2 half consumption rate =4) = 1 farmer feeding 4 pop on turn 1
Mine would have (2 food +1 Aqua =3, x 50% =4.5, x2 half consumption rate =9) = 1 farmer feeding 9 pop on turn 1

Early on, this should help, when you run into those planets that don't produce any food and extra food = money or lower taxation needed.
Yours still has the -20% without the Military Barracks.
Mine would have to build Pollution Processers, and build slower on rad/tox/desert worlds (I'd avoid early on, as best as I can).

Probably, on Larger and Mineral Rich Maps, the Tolerant race would be better, Smaller Organic Rich Maps, the Aquatic/Rich HW race would be better.

As mentioned elsewhere, Cybernetic is rarely chosen in MP. If you like the benefits, but, don't want the prod penalty early on, try choosing a race where you could pick Cyber with your Evolutionary Mutation (Single Player or LAN, doubtful in Multiplayer). Larger Maps too.
Such as UniTolWarl, UniAqProd+2LgRchHW, UniTolProd+1LgHW and UniAqSubProd+1.
So long as, you have good prod established when your Evo. Mut. comes in Cyber won't hurt you that badly. Just remember to switch the farmers over, when it comes in.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Return to “General Discussion”