Hello, I am Niome

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Niome
Hello, I am Niome

Postby Niome » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:04 am

I've been playing Master of Orion since maybe several years ago.

About two years ago I purchased Master of Orion 2, before that I downloaded Master of Orion and bought the Third when I was like.. ten or nine which would be 2,000. Today I am sixteen.

I always enjoyed this game and its story especially the Orion 3 where I must've had an orgasm with the history involving the I almost-forgotten in this typing the League and Antaran Alliance..

You know, the races came together into two different factions whom vyied for dominance over eachother. I plan on playing Orion II but I came here to look for these patches and stuff.

Also, how do you pronounce Orion. "Or" "E" "On" or is it "Or" "E" "In"?

I am Dyslexic and my older brother once spoke Orion out and I surprised he said it differently than I did thus I gotten curious.

Niome

Postby Niome » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:37 am

Oh since I have CD version, where can I "find" the 1.40?

I've only found 1.40b version thing, but it says its for Dos and I don't use, Dos.

Also is there any mods out their for a galaxy larger than Huge or a size larger?

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:07 pm

Hi! The last patch is 1.40 b23 :) you can dl it from download section on this site. You can use dosbox to play Moo. See Siron's blog (link in comunity links section)

Gusset

Re: Hello, I am Niome

Postby Gusset » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:27 am

Also, how do you pronounce Orion. "Or" "E" "On" or is it "Or" "E" "In"?
It's pronounced: "or" "eye" "un"

Incidentally, the 1.40 patch is only for the DOS version. We play the DOS version online when we play in multiplayer matches, as it performs much better than the Win95 version for network connectivity.

The 1.40 patch is primarily intended to fix a number of fairly major issues in multiplayer games. It really is not a huge improvement over the normal version 1.31 patch single player game, though there are a few things that are helpful (map generation options, credit cheat fixed, and a bug squashed here or there).

As Cabman said, you can use dosbox to play the dos version on just about any OS if you so desire.

Welcome to the board.

-Gusset

Return to “General Discussion”