Introducing myself--Hi!

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
noahclem
Introducing myself--Hi!

Postby noahclem » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:20 pm

First, my apologies if there's already a thread to introduce yourself but I didn't come across it searching.

I'm Noah and I've been playing MOO since the original, was blown away by MOO2 in the mid 90's and have been playing occasionally ever since. I'm active playing and modding in the SimCity 4 community and my activity there made me hope I could find something similar here. I've been searching for mods and modding tools here, having used some as early as several years ago, and figured I'd be best off joining MOO2 forums.

Aside from a bit of hot seat back in the day I'm a stranger to multiplayer, though the idea is a bit interesting. Despite being quite confident in my single-player skills I've not doubt I'd get by back side handed to me :D My style is quite "technophilic" if that makes any sense, though I usually don't play creative anymore since not doing so adds a lot more strategy to the game imho. I've messed around with corion and a map editor from time to time and have some interest in modding other aspects of the game like the tech tree and ideally the ship images. I'm hoping to learn more about existing mods and tools and others' strategies in general.

I hope to enjoy the community this ancient game still supports and offer big thanks to those keeping it relevant after all these years :)

Rocco

Re: Introducing myself--Hi!

Postby Rocco » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi.
and welcome
there is still a couple of souls around here!

:D

noahclem

Re: Introducing myself--Hi!

Postby noahclem » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I was a bit worried I wouldn't hear back :) Could you or someone else point me in the direction towards a place to go for downloads, a place to go for tools, or best of all a place to learn what people in the know are up to with the game these days?

Return to “General Discussion”