Highscore

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
andreast
Highscore

Postby andreast » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:55 pm

Has anybody ever played the game just for the highscore? I did, it was a bit boring, but i got about 23.000 Points in the end.

Settings:
Difficulty Easy, Large Galaxy, 8 Players

Race: -Low Gravitation, -Spy, -SD, no bonuses (+200% Score)

Playstyle:
1. Make sure there are Sakkra in the game. Otherwise restart
2. Take control of the Galaxy, but leave the best Tech race alive. Capture some Sakkra and send them to all Your colonies.
3. Research Advanced City Planning and everything that increases Planet size, but the biggest Problem is Gaia Transformation vs Genetic Mutation. Leave this pick open until one of the other races discovers one of them (might take a long time on easy). Research advanced technologies while maxing your population.
4. Do Star System Forming: give a System to another race, destroy all small and toxic planets with star converters, retake the system and build artificial planets, which are bigger.
5. Park the last remaining race on a single toxic planet star system, populate the remainder of the galaxy completely, win any way you chose. (antaran or capturing)

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:24 pm

... I playd some years ago for the highscore !

U ll need all planets (huge) filled with ya pop and some alien pop ... pop gives much points ... try to kill as much alienraces as u could .... !

23.000 is much, but I think the max u could get, is higher ..... !

tjr

Postby tjr » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:25 pm

Does it count to your conquered alien population if you give a system away and re-conquer it?

Because basically your tradeoff is: Either steamroller everyone right at the beginning, you get a nice time bonus, or conquer a reasonable number of aliens later. In small galaxies, bonus=2*aliens.

Another non-intuitive point is when to stop. Use Meta^h^h^h^hAlt-SCORE to find your balance between pop & tech growth (1*pop + maximum 202) versus time (-1*rounds).

In small galaxies, I somehow never managed to surpass 10000 points, hints appreciated.

KevituZ

Postby KevituZ » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:43 am

... I playd some years ago for the highscore !

U ll need all planets (huge) filled with ya pop and some alien pop ... pop gives much points ... try to kill as much alienraces as u could .... !

23.000 is much, but I think the max u could get, is higher ..... !
;)
btt:
Hmmm, i think as you said playing for score is pretty lame but 23.000 is pretty high though.
With best wishes,
KevituZ

Return to “General Discussion”