AI and Antarans Tech

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
martock
AI and Antarans Tech

Postby martock » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:15 pm

I have some questions that I hope someone might be able to answer for me. I am under the impression that the answer is NO to all of these.

Does the AI ever include / use Antaran tech on their ships?

Do they every try to capture Antaran ships when they come to raid a system?

Does the AI ever build the Dimension portal?

Zieman

Postby Zieman » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:00 am

AI uses at least Death Rays and Black Hole Generators, and maybe Spatial Compressors too. These are of course also Orion techs (like Xentronium Armor), but I've seen AI use them both after it has captured Orion and after stealing the techs from me (no matter if I got them from Orion or captured Antaran ships).
No skill, no knowledge - but lots of LUCK!!!

martock

Postby martock » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:00 pm

I've noticed that the AI will use certain techs when they acquire them. I'm more curious to know now if the AI ever actually attempts to capture an Antaran ship or go after Orion (if it's available). I've never seen it go after Orion in any game I've played and I don't know about the capturing of Antaran ships.

I've never seen it build a dimensional portal before either.

Zieman

Postby Zieman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:20 am

Oh, the AI will capture and colonize Orion, if you give it enough time to attempt it - usually around turn 300, maybe a tad sooner when playing hard or impossible.
Never seen it to capture Antarans though. Or build Dimensional Portal (maybe I should build one myself, and give the system to AI to see if it uses it or just sells it for money...).
No skill, no knowledge - but lots of LUCK!!!

medwar

Postby medwar » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:52 am

When I played MOO2 (v 1.31 no mods) AI used _all_ antaran techs except Damper Field (I dont't understaned reason, he had only C3 shields). He successfully equips BH gen, Reflection fld, and so on.

marhawkman

Postby marhawkman » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:22 pm

Yeah I noticed that too. the AI never uses Damper field, thus your starbases never have it.....

Return to “General Discussion”