Own IRC channel for mooers ?

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.

Do we need an own MoO2 IRC channel ?

No, kali is better chat. I won´t use IRC.
No votes
We dont need, but we could use both.
22%
Yea a good idea, we just need an IRC channel.
67%
I R what ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC
11%

Total votes: 9

ALEX|D
Own IRC channel for mooers ?

Postby ALEX|D » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:09 pm

Today we made an own IRC channel

[url]irc://irc.servercentral.net/moo2-online[/url]

As client u can use ur browser (opera, firefox ... )
or just use mirc as client http://www.mirc.com/

server : irc.servercentral.net

channel : #moo2-online

server : irc.quakenet.org

channel : #moo2

[url]irc://irc.quakenet.org/moo2[/url]

Kali is a good program but new players need a serial, they need each month a new serial or they need to buy a key for ~20$ or so. So with a free chat like irc we havn´t that problem.

note: the fat written is the current channel, while the tiny written is the old one !!!
Last edited by ALEX|D on Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Larsman

Postby Larsman » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:44 pm

jah...very good idea!
IRC is much more comfortable!
I run both atm, kali and IRC.
Twice the chance for opponents :twisted:

stem

We don't need kali.

Postby stem » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:00 pm

If somebody wants to use kali, a fee must be paid, or an every new month annoying procedure of getting a new email to get a new password for kali. And another disadvantage with an trial account, is, that it is not possible to send files to other players.
Irc is a chance to chat and offer files without paying a fee.

What i want to know now is, why people want to use kali any more ?

Is kali needed to play Master of Orion 2 ?
I am not sure, but i think, less people are playing with kali, the most play with dosbox, so to play MoO2, kali is not interesting. And if there are a few people who want to play with kali, they can meet within irc and decide to play with kali, like other decide to play with dosbox.

So, if kali is not needed to play, is kali needed to meet people ?
I think, new people join kali, because of that information on special moo homepages. I would say nobody joins moo channel, because of playing another game in kali, so kali is for no use in meeting new people.
For the daily playing people to meet each other, it should be no difference, if they chat in kali or irc, there should be only an agreement, where to chat.
Only people, which are playing less frequently, could get surprised, if they join kali, and people don't chat there any more, but i am sure a little advice and all moo people would search the irc chat until they would detect their moo-drug.
Summarized you could meet at least the same people, and even more, if you take into account, that it is more easier to install an irc client, than to get a password etc. to install kali.

Kali is not needed to play MoO, and not needed to meet people to play MoO, so why use something for money, what you can get for free ?

siron

Postby siron » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:31 am

Kali server is extremely unstable recently....it is really disturbing.

Furthermore you can always see the "away messages" in these irc channels. A big advantage since most use dosbox now.

But I would prefer a different channel....shorter roomname...and more popular server?

How about:

irc.quakenet.org
#moo2

And who has some clues about bots? F.e., that this room never disappears and new players get some links with further help?

KevituZ

Postby KevituZ » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:17 am

I'd really use the IRC-Server, since I don't really like Kali as it's old and kinda complicated and due to dosbox it's even not needed anymore, so yeah.

See you at irc.quakenet.org !
With best wishes,
KevituZ

shakka

Postby shakka » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:35 am

well for some reason it says server not found and when i clicked on the link here it said firefox did not know how to open it any ideas

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:17 pm

Return to “General Discussion”