Hello. Does anyone remember the old ANTARES forum???

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
teukros
Hello. Does anyone remember the old ANTARES forum???

Postby teukros » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:08 am

Greetings, I just found out about this website through the WIKIPedia and I am soooooo pleased to find that this great classic game (arguably the best 4X game EVER) is still being supported. I would never dream of playing out-o-the-box Rebellion or BoTF, hopefully in a year's time I will be saying the same thing about MoO2.

I used to be active on the Antares forums. I don't suppose anyone backed up those forums? No? Just thought I'd ask. :wink:

Years ago I wrote up a history of a fictional class of Alkari frigates, the "Sparrow" class. This history was inspired by the classic "Wings" series that used to be on the Discovery Channel. I'll post it sometime in the next few days....

Retsia

Postby Retsia » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:01 pm

Hello dear sir and welcome!

I want to see your creativity with the history.

siron

Postby siron » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:30 pm

Zoe has a backup in his archive:

ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/Newsgroups/

I read it a few years ago....learned some nice stuff there.

teukros

Postby teukros » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:02 pm

Thank you kind sir! Unfortunately a cursory examination has not revealed what I was looking for, something I once wrote on the subject of Diplomatic Marriages (e.g. would a human really want to marry a Bulrathi or a Mrrshan). Do you recall reading anything like that?

In other news....

In a new thread I have started my postings of Wings of the Alkari: The Sparrow Class Frigate.

zoetropo

Postby zoetropo » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:45 pm

Teukros, I do recall that there was a discussion on the (frankly bizarre) diplomatic marriage concept. Unfortunately I didn't manage to capture every article before the Antares site was closed. (I also ran out of time to collect the site's graphics.)

Under what name did you post on Antares?

Best wishes!
Zoetropo

teukros

Postby teukros » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:47 pm

I would probably have posted as teukros - this has been my nom de plume since I read The Iliad about 15 years ago.

Return to “General Discussion”