hey all

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
revan
hey all

Postby revan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:48 pm

Cant belive i stumbled across this site. Ive always wanted to play Moo2 online since i got it about 10 years ago. Seem to recall trying to play it on gamespy but never having any luck.

Gonna go out and buy it again (lost it years ago)

Few Questions:

Are stella converters used ?. I found them realy boring playing agaionst AI with them.

With the patch does it still tell you if your oppenet is spying on you? Found it kinda crazy that you should know that.

How long does the average game take and how much sitting around doing nothing goes on?

Are most games team or FFA? . I Play AOC and in FFA games its kinda unfair, because you get attacked by two people at once a lot which is normally down to blind luck.

Cheers all, hope to be playing soon.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:05 am

Welcome to our Moo community :).
Are stella converters used ?. I found them realy boring playing agaionst AI with them.
No i have never seen stellar conventer in MP game. Games end to early.
With the patch does it still tell you if your oppenet is spying on you? Found it kinda crazy that you should know that.
You mean when he steals something from you? It is not changed in new patch.
How long does the average game take and how much sitting around doing nothing goes on?
usually you have contact between t 80-100, and games are finished between 100-140. Here is a must read guide for new players http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2005 ... guide.html
Are most games team or FFA? . I Play AOC and in FFA games its kinda unfair, because you get attacked by two people at once a lot which is normally down to blind luck.
Not often but sometimes this happens , and it does not decrease the joy of playing MOO :) Join our Moo server on Kali , you'll find many players there gladly sharing his expearences with you,

siron

Re: hey all

Postby siron » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:01 am

You still get a message when someone has stolen a tech. But when you use the noreport switch you can't see how many enemy spies are active and you can't see the techs of your opponents. So when you receive the Message that the "Sakkras have stolen Terraforming" you can't be sure that this is accurate. There is some probability that you get the wrong message....(you remember frame message when some AI declares war?)....and you can't any longer verify these spysuccess-messages by using the report.

Return to “General Discussion”