Repulsive Race bug???

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
SgtBarnes
Repulsive Race bug???

Postby SgtBarnes » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi I am a fan of the Master of Orion series and own copies of all 3 games. Master of Orion II is my favorite one. I have recently run into a problem that I don't recall seeing before.

Sometimes when I play I can't trade with several races. They seem to be repulsive because they only have the diplomacy options of the Silicoids. For example I play a game with 4 Players in a Small Galaxy and I encounter the Darlok. They will not have options for Trade or Treaties or any other pacts. I recently played 8 Players in a Huger Galaxy and the Bulrathi are repulsive.

Has anyone ever encountered this before because I do not recall this in my earlier days of MOO II. Any information would really be appreciated and I would like to say that I am glad I found this nice active site for MOO II.

Thanks

Darza

Re: Repulsive Race bug???

Postby Darza » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:43 pm

At impossible difficulty AI races get additional racepicks. While they follow their basic sheme, some races add repulsive to get a boost. You can see racepicks of opponent at info tab. In general there is nothing weird at all in what you are describing.

SgtBarnes

Re: Repulsive Race bug???

Postby SgtBarnes » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Hey thanks a lot for this quick reply. You finally solved this mystery for me and now I am not afraid to play Master of Orion II anymore. Thank you so much and this is a really good community website :D.

Thanks

Return to “General Discussion”