High scores

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
labo
High scores

Postby labo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:05 am

First post. Been a fan of the game for years.

Anymore, I usually fire up Huge, Impossible,8 players for my offline games and take just disabilities (-20 attk/def/-10 ground/spy & poor HW)for max score multipler. I race to Android Workers after matching production buildings to research ones save Soil Enrichment after Auto Factories. Deep Core Mines after Androids, then Armors for Fleets with missiles. I suck until turn ~200 when my Androids fix population and production problems. I am usually top dog by turn 350ish and kill a race or 2 and the Anatarans for score. Genetic Mutation unselected too gets my multipler to 240%. My high is now 7400ish and looking to push 10K.
I go into the game knowing that victory is dependent on starting point, neighbors and early leaders. Still get crushed at times. Treaty neighbors really make or break the games. I think having a weaponless fleet sometimes tricks the AI to thinking my defenses are better.

The Housing Planet tip at 1 pop will help, wasn't doing it. I didn't know that purchases are best at 50% also. My chemical tech tree was Tritanianium/pollution/irridium/microlite/neutronium but read up on merc missiles here for better missile ships til I have beam upgrades.

Any others that push the score envelope and have some tips?

Darza

Postby Darza » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:17 am

You need a -300% race to do it, but better one, with repulsive in case you will play without diplomacy (less score in result, because you wouldnt be able to give back a systems to AI to blast a small planets with stellar to create a big ones from then), or without repulsive, but surely without very bad PoorHw pick in case you plan to turn all planets to a large gaias. Then you also need a subterranean AI race to capture and to settle all that planets and creative AI to get all the tech from it. And also you need to kill all AI's by yourself, and also destroy Antares. Result would be a tenth thousands score points after a horribly boring and long game. Point is what you need a subterranean race to become your main population, not androids, if you play for score.
But because playing for a score is most hard and boring way of playing moo2, there is a huge possibility you're the single one here who is really interested in it right now. Btw there is also way of playin for a speed, not for a score, its more easy, because you can drop a try in process if you see what you're behind a tie already, and its harder to measure in case of playing for a score.

Also join IRC channel at irc.quakenet.org #moo2 , this game is mostly about tips in fact, and its easier to discuss them in real time, not in forums.

labo

Postby labo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:36 am

I was taking Repulsive/-10 ground & ship attack for a long while and hoping for peaceful enough neighbors but I have had much better luck getting my neighbors to Non-aggression Pacts(Alliance if they are huge) during the rush to Androids. I also greatly improve my odds of surivival with Megawealthy leaders - they purely much cancel out Poor HW themselves - along with scrapping my star base at turn 1 for 200BC & 2 a turn to rebuild later. The Diplomatic and Famous Leader is a big boon to get treaties and better leaders early and dump him later.

Darza

Postby Darza » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:29 pm

They cannot negate a poorhw simply because if you get that leader and have no poorhw pick - you will perform much better. Also if you play it that way - repulsive feudal would be much better choice, you simply capture all ai's rather fast, than tech all what you need keeping one ai planet to stay in game. Playing an intentionally bad race by the way involving the teching to androids - its already not so good. The single tech you need to win a classic game is a fighter bays, and all other stuff you can tech while you settling all the planets with subterrans. Any way you play with Ai should involve attacking as fast as you can, even if you play race like feudal-food-prod.

Catalyst_Kh

Postby Catalyst_Kh » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:13 am

viewtopic.php?t=1525
viewtopic.php?t=1503
viewtopic.php?t=310

And i absolutely agree with Darza - it is much more fun and takes much more wit to play for fastest win. For example, can you win in a huge galaxy with 7 AI opponents before turn 80? Can you do that before turn 73? Or pick any other goal&size, which you like. Show the results then. :) It is the most interesting to set the record without been telepathic, as this pick makes conquering AI way too easy. Good luck to you in any case.

PS: and of course much more fun is just relative comparison versus extremely boring game for high score. But if we will take MP games - it is, again, much more interesting, then even playing for fastest win record.

labo

Postby labo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:15 pm

I tried some speed runs but can't break the 100's. Thanks for the link to the 33k score, but I never have the patience to fill a galaxy.

My style appealed to me because -10 picks race/impossible makes the game as difficult as possible - yet the tolerant androids and blasting through the computers tree make it exciting until my neighbor systems are all full of androids turning out production like crazy. If I don't have a Huge/Ultra Rich I don't think I'll top other games and bail at this point.

Return to “General Discussion”