Beginning Moves (Pre warp)

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Magnetosphere
Beginning Moves (Pre warp)

Postby Magnetosphere » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Im trying to find out if my current research trees are very efficient at the beginning of the game.

My Last custom race was
UNIF, Creative, Subterrean, Rich H/w, -.5 Food, -20 Ship Def, -10 Grnd Cmbt, -1o Espionage (no patches)

Single player game, 6 opponents, huge galaxy, average difficulty.

Given a starting system with 1 other planet, Medium size radiated, poor minerals.

What i did was researched construction to Auto.Factories, made by turn 25,
(pre building usually to over 1/2 way then buying rest for most all buildings)
Hydroponics farm built by turn 32,
Computers to build research labs by turn 44
Then i think i made a colony base
Biology (400) soil enrichment
Construction (400) spaceport
Construction (650) Robo-miners
starting a colony ship somewhere in the last few steps also

Does that sound like a good path?
Thank you

rewster1

Postby rewster1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:15 am

For single player it is fine, though biospheres are almost always a better bet especially as Unification, and having researched or plan on researching soil enrichment. Biosphere will eventually mean two other people on the planet, who depending on the planet could make 12 food total plus pay you 2 GC taxes, which is way better than you paying 2 GC for 2 food. Early on hydro may seem like a good idea because you don't need freighters.... except freighters are much cheaper.

One other thing... you generally want to spread out quicker... so with that race, probably build the colony base immediately after researching factories. If you want to play multiplayer, look for Cybersaber's guide to see what you might want to change.

Juju Dredd

My advice

Postby Juju Dredd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:42 pm

@Magnetosphere
You could perhaps replace -1/2 food by -50% pop growth, since as a creative you can build clonning center to compensate the low growth of your population, but I'm not sure it's a good bargain (you could perhaps try out).

As your race seems more to be a production race, you should perhaps get research lab first since it research alone and your weakest in research.

If you keep Creative you can also try dictatorship, since you will have less food and production but more research and more money as soon as you will have some morale boosting building.

And I'm sure somebody will soon come and tells you the best and easiest race to play is Tolerant, Unification, Prod+1, Large Home, Repulsive, -10 Ground combat, -20 Ship defense. It gives quick but boring victories.

@rewster1
I presume you didn't see he's playing creative...

paulstha77

Re: Beginning Moves (Pre warp)

Postby paulstha77 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:15 pm

Here I got good information. Thanks!!

Return to “General Discussion”